• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Love my Bonafides

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Love them on soft groomers, love them in crud, junk, bumps, leftovers - love them in up to 12 inches of pow - and everything in between!!

@Philpug why didn't you tell me to get these sooner! Wait - I think you did!! ;)

Not sure how these (2016 Version) compare to the previous years ... but these are great!!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
2016 are noticably better on groomers and crud. Might actually be worse in bumps but maybe my roommate need to detune the tips better.

TS
Daves not here

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I did throw my own tune on them and detuned the tips a bit. Seem good in bumps. This ski will make me a better skier - asking me to bring more to the game and I really like it.

Last edited:

jaliebs

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My 2012 Bonafides are (were, they're dead :( and in need of replacement -- who has the scoop on Blizzard's 2016-17 lineup?) the best ski I've owned. I'm bigger than your average bear at 6'5, 240, but the 187s only felt like too little ski when I got into very steep, very sketchy snow. Right now I have them paired with a pair of Bibbys and it's a fantastic 2-ski quiver as the Bones never felt quite at home in anything deeper than 8" and would struggle in the cut-up resort pow after a good storm. That may be a function of my size.

But, bumps, corduroy, iced-over groomers, trees, crud, 10 mph or 50 mph, it didn't matter, I love those skis. I've toyed with the idea of getting the Brahma, or Latigo, and the Cochise so I have a great 3-ski quiver for Colorado and Utah, but then I realize that I really don't want to deal with maintaining 3 pairs of skis so I will probably be ordering the new Bones when they (hopefully) come out next month.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My 2012 Bonafides are (were, they're dead :( and in need of replacement -- who has the scoop on Blizzard's 2016-17 lineup?) the best ski I've owned. I'm bigger than your average bear at 6'5, 240, but the 187s only felt like too little ski when I got into very steep, very sketchy snow. Right now I have them paired with a pair of Bibbys and it's a fantastic 2-ski quiver as the Bones never felt quite at home in anything deeper than 8" and would struggle in the cut-up resort pow after a good storm. That may be a function of my size.

But, bumps, corduroy, iced-over groomers, trees, crud, 10 mph or 50 mph, it didn't matter, I love those skis. I've toyed with the idea of getting the Brahma, or Latigo, and the Cochise so I have a great 3-ski quiver for Colorado and Utah, but then I realize that I really don't want to deal with maintaining 3 pairs of skis so I will probably be ordering the new Bones when they (hopefully) come out next month.
The 2017 Bonafide is a carry over ski. So, no need to wait to see what's coming. Get it now.

TS
Daves not here

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier

I have mine in the middle of my quiver - patrons up top and head rev 85 at the bottom. More skis to tune - more beer and bourbon to drink! Don't wait - get em now!

Xela

On the way to Squaw
Skier
My Bones are my go-anywhere, do-anything skis. When I first got them, they taught me to ski better in two ways: fore-aft balance in the center, and committing to tipping on edge. Eventually, I found that they also taught me a pivot that I'd rather not have in my repertoire. Lately, I've been skiing some MX83's and I'm really finding them refreshing, especially in the bumps.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't been on the Bonafide is about a year...I need to get on them again. When I go to ski test, it has been my barometer ski to test conditions for the past 4 years.

TS
Daves not here

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
My Bones are my go-anywhere, do-anything skis. When I first got them, they taught me to ski better in two ways: fore-aft balance in the center, and committing to tipping on edge. Eventually, I found that they also taught me a pivot that I'd rather not have in my repertoire. Lately, I've been skiing some MX83's and I'm really finding them refreshing, especially in the bumps.

Since I have a quiver of 3 - I will take my Rev's out if it is a firm groomer day & would take my Patrons out if it is gonna be deeper and if I am going to live in the trees and bowls for the day - bur for that middle area plus crud, junk and hero groomers ... these are awesome. I have been taking the Bones everywhere to get the feel of what they are ok, good and best at. Very happy with the wide range they provide.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
2016 are noticably better on groomers and crud. Might actually be worse in bumps but maybe my roommate need to detune the tips better.

Josh I bet it was the tune. I found the 2016 to be noticeably better in bumps personally. Slightly less swing weight and they were a little quieter for me.

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
I honestly don't get it. I feel like there are other ski's out there in the same class that are pretty much the same or even better. It's a GOOD ski, but certainly not the game changer everyone made it out to be. I was actually dissapointed by how meh they were.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
what do you like better? and why do you like them better?

I find the bones extremely responsive to tipping movements assuming your legs are turning underneath of you, and your hips do not follow your skis, and your inside hand does not drop behind your hips.

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
what do you like better? and why do you like them better?

I find the bones extremely responsive to tipping movements assuming your legs are turning underneath of you, and your hips do not follow your skis, and your inside hand does not drop behind your hips.

I'm way more happy with the Supernatural series. Or the Motive 95. Each felt less planky to me. And I got to ski the Bone for a whole day in perfect conditions. 6 inches of Utah fresh.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm way more happy with the Supernatural series. Or the Motive 95. Each felt less planky to me. And I got to ski the Bone for a whole day in perfect conditions. 6 inches of Utah fresh.
The Supernatural 100 is one helluva ski and O cannot fault ANYONE for liking it over any ski.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Used the bones Monday at Squaw. Worked great in shallow powder.
My wider powder skiis were bothering my knee a bit.
(The knee I brused 2 months ago of a Mt bike) Bones were no problem.

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
I had fun on the Bones when I demo'd them in VT. But now that I'm 40lbs lighter, I'm sorta in the market for a Bones-esque ski that would suit someone a bit lighter, less "planky".

I really WISH I demo'd the Supernatural 100 when I was at Steamboat. DARN!

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
Skied my friends new Bones last week for a few runs. Better on groomers than previous ones I've tried. Overall I liked the NRGY 100 more. They were more lively, not as damp.

Sponsor