• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Louis Vuitton skis

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Perhaps you've seen the stuff floating around the web about Louis Vuitton skis, but have you looked them up?

The dimensions and specs are a little odd. Why only the length and width and why inches instead of cm/mm?
Louis Vuitton top.png

Louis Vuitton bases.png

• L 71.6 x W 3.9 inches
  • Fiberglass with Damier Graphite Alpes print
  • Poplar wood core
  • Semi-monoblock construction
  • Steel edge
  • Grained top sheet
  • Bi-directional fiberglass
  • ABS sidewall
  • Adjustable poles

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Roughly a 182 with a 99 waist. Hmmmm, any guesses to where these are being produced and which mold is being used?

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
$5200/pair. Actually much nicer looking than I expected when I heard Louis Vuitton. A few people might be rocking these at Aspen, DV, or Yellowstone Club next season.

EDIT: I'd feel weird owning a pair of skis worth more than the car I was driving them in, but I'm sure there's a market for them somewhere.

James

Out There
Instructor
Not the ugliest top sheet ever but it could place in the top 100. Actually disappointing given the Louis Vuitton Foundation is a stunning Frank Gehry building.

nunyabiz

Putting on skis
Skier
Outside of how they fit in a ski rack, I don't imagine the sort of person buying these skis is concerned with the dimensions.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
I've also seen Chanel branded skis/surf boards/tennis gear etc. Sometimes these "designer" skis are made by rather high end custom ski makers. these Bentley skis I saw last month are from Zai...
IMG_5532.jpg
are

Sponsor

Staff online