• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for info on these two skis

bananyan

Booting up
Skier
I'm looking for info on two pairs of skis. Atomic vantage x 77 ti and k2 konic 77 ti outlaw. I can't seem to find any information on these skis so I don't know if they're any good. Thanks!

ski-vantage-x-77-ti-+-xt-10-20161102150546.jpg

4f758fa5d6bcdfd7eec2a8a3825c62c8.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Both of these were mid level recreational skis for intermedate skiers. Nice skis for what they were.

TS
B

bananyan

Booting up
Skier
Thanks Phil. Do you know if they were made for different markets or something like that? I'm not sure why I can't any information (or maybe they were released under different names in the US market?) but I've been searching for reviews to see if they are worth getting as more stable front side skis. At this point I'm assuming the atomic is simply a narrower version of the vantage x 86 ti and the k2 is the same as the k2 konic 77 ti (without the outlaw label).

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
If you can't find anything on the manufacturers website maybe they are not in the current product year. Or they could be a Special Make Up ski for a large retailer.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Thanks Phil. Do you know if they were made for different markets or something like that? I'm not sure why I can't any information (or maybe they were released under different names in the US market?) but I've been searching for reviews to see if they are worth getting as more stable front side skis.

You can't find reviews because they were intermediate-market system skis - reviews of those do not get wide traction, nor do the reviews have longevity past the year of production.

Pro reviewers don't really spend time on skis at this price point, shops that order them don't publish their on-snow tests, amateur reviews at intermediate level are of dubious value because there are too many variables in their perception and consistency issues with their skiing.

Plenty of small retailers had these.

More stable - than what?

TS
B

bananyan

Booting up
Skier
And yet skis like the atomic vantage 86c or k2 mindbender 90c get discussed? Is it because they are part of a family of skis with an upper end that cater to experts?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@bananyan, guessing you have easy access to these skis at an affordable price and that's why you're asking, right? Maybe at some kind of big box or mass market sporting goods store like Dick's or Sports Authority. Am I close?

The little chart next to the K2 is from Ski Canada magazine. The little sliders are never that far left except on low end skis, as Phil and Tuna diplomatically didn't quite say.

Robert Mondavi makes some world class wines. The 1.5 litre jug of "Bob Red" you buy at the supermarket is sold by the same business entity, but it has essentially nothing to do with the serious product.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Is it because they are part of a family of skis with an upper end that cater to experts?

Eh, look at it this way: Intermediates are better off working with a shop that can interpret the market in terms of the intermediates' skill, goals, terminology and experience than they would be trying to parse review language.

Manufacturers know that and so, when submitting skis they wish reviewed, they bias the samples towards the upper ranges where consumers at least talk the talk.

TS
B

bananyan

Booting up
Skier
@Tony S yes that's how I came upon these skis so I was wondering if they're worth researching on.

I think those skis aren't for me, but I was merely curious! Thanks guys, specifically on ski marketing 101!

Sponsor

Staff online