• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for 100-105 Groomer Ski for snow days.

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
Why did you decide against the Rustler 10s? Those skis feel like they tick a lot of the boxes you’re looking for.
Fair question.

Multiple reviews say they can chatter on hardpack. I’m a big guy, and hardpack is my favorite surface.

I gotta eliminate some great skis in this process.

Fingle

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Fair question.

Multiple reviews say they can chatter on hardpack. I’m a big guy, and hardpack is my favorite surface.

Fair point, but that lighter weight might be helpful for you off-piste. I'd demo them if you have time!

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Fair question.

Iirc most of those reviews were for the pre-19/20 desIgn. FYI skiessentials has a review up on the 2022, whIch is same model as 2 previous years. I’d recommend you give it a shot. I like the Rustler better than my Enforcer. Tip and tail rocker are pretty long so there may be an opportunity to upsize too.

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
The Enforcer 100 and the Enforcer 100.

You have been heard.

The finals are:

Nordica Enforcer 100
Armada Declivity 102
Nordica Enforcer 104 Free

I plan to demo both Noridicas as Jackson Hole next week. If they have the Armada, I will try to get on that, too.

My guess is it will come down to Enforcer 100 vs 104 Free. I should get the 104 Free, but the 100 could end up being my 1SQ for travel.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You have been heard.

The finals are:

Nordica Enforcer 100
Armada Declivity 102
Nordica Enforcer 104 Free

I plan to demo both Noridicas as Jackson Hole next week. If they have the Armada, I will try to get on that, too.

My guess is it will come down to Enforcer 100 vs 104 Free. I should get the 104 Free, but the 100 could end up being my 1SQ for travel.

Getting close. Have fun in JH!

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
3000 years ago, I mentioned the stormrider 95 would be my pick for what he wants- skiing groomers when conditions are very soft.

But alas, it doesn't meet the width requirement in the title.

it should be - if you can’t ski 4-7“ on the SR95, it isnt the ski. Then the hour after it’s blasted, beaten down and crud - again, no problem.

I’ve bought a bunch of skis, always come back to these. Heck, skied UT this week on some new Dynastars, they started to get pushed around ever so slightly in the crud piles - skied back to the place and pulled out “the standard” - point and ski.

7D7AE3C7-6438-480D-A6DC-462432738A3D.jpeg

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
it should be - if you can’t ski 4-7“ on the SR95, it isnt the ski. Then the hour after it’s blasted, beaten down and crud - again, no problem.

I’ve bought a bunch of skis, always come back to these. Heck, skied UT this week on some new Dynastars, they started to get pushed around ever so slightly in the crud piles - skied back to the place and pulled out “the standard” - point and ski.

View attachment 127539
Which Dynastars?

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Was on M-Pro 99’s - which is a very nice ski and does a bunch of stuff really well. The tips I felt got pushed around a lot at speed in crud - which is really an important characteristic for me , esp skiing resorts. Pow lasted about an hour at any bigger place unless you ski the bumps and trees. Otherwise they are very solid and frankly I’m spoiled by the SR95 and they were in the rack back at hotel.

The Stocklis handle this WAY better. But I liked the OG Cochise, Nordic’s Girish and OG Enforcers. So maybe I have a “type” that I am fond of.

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
Was on M-Pro 99’s - which is a very nice ski and does a bunch of stuff really well. The tips I felt got pushed around a lot at speed in crud - which is really an important characteristic for me , esp skiing resorts. Pow lasted about an hour at any bigger place unless you ski the bumps and trees. Otherwise they are very solid and frankly I’m spoiled by the SR95 and they were in the rack back at hotel.

The Stöcklis handle this WAY better. But I liked the OG Cochise, Nordic’s Girish and OG Enforcers. So maybe I have a “type” that I am fond of.
M-Pro 99 gets great reviews. Lighter skis, though.

I’m afraid I have a “type,” too. I’m almost certain that if I demo the three skis I’m interested in, the Enforcer 100 will win in a landslide. It will essentially replace my Evolv 90 and become a one ski quiver. Heavy, stable, damp and confidence-inspiring on groomers. That’s been my MO since I started skiing in 1977.

I’m not sure it’s the “right” ski for me, however. To really do this right, I should probably just get the Enforcer 104 Free without skiing them and be happy.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
M-Pro 99 gets great reviews. Lighter skis, though.

I’m afraid I have a “type,” too. I’m almost certain that if I demo the three skis I’m interested in, the Enforcer 100 will win in a landslide. It will essentially replace my Evolv 90 and become a one ski quiver. Heavy, stable, damp and confidence-inspiring on groomers. That’s been my MO since I started skiing in 1977.

I’m not sure it’s the “right” ski for me, however. To really do this right, I should probably just get the Enforcer 104 Free without skiing them and be happy.

the m-pro is good. i don’t know though - I had a pair of the Enforcer v2.0, they were really good. Until I traveled down the Kastle FX104 ->Stockli SR95 road. Those 2 were just a tad bit “more”. I’d gladly ski that Enforcer 100, but Im a little skeptical of a ski w/o metal for a resort powder ski. Sure for the first hour it’s fine , but try skiing down Amphitheater @ JH or Grand w/o it on a powder AM. Just my $0.02

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
the m-pro is good. i don’t know though - I had a pair of the Enforcer v2.0, they were really good. Until I traveled down the Kästle FX104 ->Stöckli SR95 road. Those 2 were just a tad bit “more”. I’d gladly ski that Enforcer 100, but Im a little skeptical of a ski w/o metal for a resort powder ski. Sure for the first hour it’s fine , but try skiing down Amphitheater @ JH or Grand w/o it on a powder AM. Just my $0.02
Which Enforcer are you speaking of? Don’t both the Enforcer 100 and 104 Free have two sheets of titanal?

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
If the 104 has titan all = all good. Didn’t think it did, but don’t follow skis too much since I found “the one Ski to rule them all”.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes, 2 sheets of titanal in the Enforcer 100 and 104. The 2021 Enforcer 100 got the carbon chassis and True tip that the 104 has had from the beginning and its tail beefed up versus the earlier versions.
The 104 and 2021 100 better in crud/tracked snow then the 2020(and earlier) Enforcer 100.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied next year’s Liberty Origin 101 at Steamboat a few weeks ago. We were primarily on softish groomers. The 101 skied very well and does have a more compliant tail in terms of smearing/sliding/heel pushing than the Evolv90 for sure. I’m certain the new 101 would compliment the OP’s Evolv90 in the role he wants it to fill.

C’mon page 10...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Precisely.

I have been out. Four days in Big Sky, a day at Crystal Mountain, two days at Grand Targhee and three days at Jackson Hole all in a three week period.
But he meant that you could have been ripping around on your new skis! Not that you haven't been skiing at all. And those would all have been great places to take them.

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
I skied next year’s Liberty Origin 101 at Steamboat a few weeks ago. We were primarily on softish groomers. The 101 skied very well and does have a more compliant tail in terms of smearing/sliding/heel pushing than the Evolv90 for sure. I’m certain the new 101 would compliment the OP’s Evolv90 in the role he wants it to fill.

C’mon page 10...
Agree with this. If it were out now, it would be a serious contender here.

I just need to figure out if I will be essentially replacing my Evolv 90 (as a travel ski, at least) with Enforcer 100. If this happens, I have already decided that I will get a new pair of the 2022 Liberty Origin 106 VMT 1.0 skis if I do. That 3SQ should cover all my needs.

If I end up with Enforcer 104 Free, it essentially covers both bases occupied by the Enforcer 100 and Origin 106, with my Evolv 90 getting hard snow days and traveling to smaller resorts or Sun Valley.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Origin 106 would make a great big brother to the Evolv90 as well. The Origin 106 is quite a bit mor off-piste oriented.

C’mon page 10!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Why a own both an origin 106 and an Enforcer 104? You'll just be confused in the parking lot instead of here. But then again, this could become a 'look at my local forecast and help me choose a ski from my quiver for next Saturday' thread.
:beercheer:

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
Why a own both an origin 106 and an Enforcer 104? You'll just be confused in the parking lot instead of here. But then again, this could become a 'look at my local forecast and help me choose a ski from my quiver for next Saturday' thread.
:beercheer:
Might want to re-read the post. I’d get the Origin 106 to go along with Enforcer 100.

If I end up with Enforcer 104 Free, no additional purchases would be made.

Agree with this. If it were out now, it would be a serious contender here.

I just need to figure out if I will be essentially replacing my Evolv 90 (as a travel ski, at least) with Enforcer 100. If this happens, I have already decided that I will get a new pair of the 2022 Liberty Origin 106 VMT 1.0 skis if I do. That 3SQ should cover all my needs.

If I end up with Enforcer 104 Free, it essentially covers both bases occupied by the Enforcer 100 and Origin 106, with my Evolv 90 getting hard snow days and traveling to smaller resorts or Sun Valley. 2SQ.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
But then again, this could become a 'look at my local forecast and help me choose a ski from my quiver for next Saturday' thread.
If we want to get really specific, we could even suggest particular runs for particular skis, based on potential wind-loading and sun exposure! :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor