• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Look SPX12 dual WTR and gripwalk compatibility

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
I bought a two sets of bindings on a fall sale. They are Look SPX12, never used. When I bought them, I thought they were both 18/19 models, but upon closer inspection I think one is an 18/19 and one is a 17/18.

I’ve inspected them up and down, they look identical except one has “Alpine” and “WTR” settings. The other has “Alpine/Grip Walk” and “WTR”. Really, they look like the exact same binding as far as release mechanisms, spring, dimensions, everything aside from this print on their sole setting (and color).

Does anyone know for certain if there’s a difference between the ‘18 SPX12 dual WTR and the ‘19 SPX12 Dual? I want to use gripwalk soles with both.

B89F350A-74BE-4560-811D-57175A494A02.jpeg C3562FF3-E6E8-42ED-AFDA-D783D59142C9.jpeg DE93BC80-98DB-44B6-99E5-767E1CB5B8D0.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Use the Alpine setting for Gripwalk.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So does that mean GW is just normal Alpine setting for any bindings?

Would that mean I could use GW in an STH2 binding?
No. Every binding is different and needs to be adjusted accordingly. Sth2 will accommodated Gripwalk but the toe height needs to be manually set.

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier
No. Every binding is different and needs to be adjusted accordingly. Sth2 will accommodated Gripwalk but the toe height needs to be manually set.

Yes meant to include that assuming the toe height is adjusted. So any particular reason they don’t mention GW in the compatibility of the STH2 in all of the sites selling that binding?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Will Gripwalk boots work in an older Alpine binding like my wive's Axium 10 bindings (no adjustment knurl)? She needs new boots, but doesn't want to give up her older skis! Or do Gripwalk boots need the newer Dual bindings with the adjustment knurl to work? I stick pretty much to Look bindings.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Will Gripwalk boots work in an older Alpine binding like my wive's Axium 10 bindings (no adjustment knurl)? She needs new boots, but doesn't want to give up her older skis! Or do Gripwalk boots need the newer Dual bindings with the adjustment knurl to work? I stick pretty much to Look bindings.
Axium 10's do not have a sliding AFD, therefore they will not work.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Okay, I was working from a faulty memory. What about these? Adjustable with sliding AFD.
View attachment 81006
They are technically not compatible....but they might work. Put the boot in and make sure the sliding part matches up with the boot. Then I would still torque them.

Sponsor

Staff online