• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Letter of thanks to Patrollers

kayco53

Getting on the lift
Skier
Had somebody hang out with our patrol on the weekend and they posted this thank you on facebook. Just changed the names. What a great posting makes you feel good about patrolling:

A beautiful Sunday morning skiing at the ski hill with 15cm of fresh snow overnight with my friend I want to thank John for inviting me up to ski with him and to meet with his Ski Patrol team. I have a better appreciation of what they do to keep us all safe while having fun skiing. As volunteers every weekend on top of their regular jobs during the week, they all drive up from the Lower Mainland at their own cost; get up by 530 am; start 90 minutes before the mountain is open to get all the morning briefings done to ensure everyone is aware of any concerns in specific areas of the mountain; once the mountain opens they go up first on the chairlift and check out all the runs to ensure there are no hazards and if there are they erect poles to mark it as a warning to skiers; play public relations with all the guests from young kids, teenagers, adults and parents; provide safety tips to the guests on the mountain; assist and provide tips on how to put your skis back on in the middle of the mountain if you wipe out; they keep constant radio contact with each other on the entire mountain; deal with minor injuries to fatalities on the mountain; I witnessed John and his team these past 2 days in action bringing the injured skiers on the sled down the mountain to be dealt at the bottom for further medical attention; after the mountain closes at 4pm the entire team takes their last chair ride up the mountain and checks all the runs to ensure there are no people left on the mountain and this can take up from 30-45 minutes; once they are finally back down they have a debriefing and finally are leaving the ski resort after 5 pm when it is dark. On Sunday night, they still have at least 2 hours or more drive home back down to the Lower Mainland. MY HATS OFF AND THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DO THIS AROUND THE WORLD!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Couldn't say it better :golfclap::wave:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Had somebody hang out with our patrol on the weekend and they posted this thank you on facebook. Just changed the names. What a great posting makes you feel good about patrolling:

A beautiful Sunday morning skiing at the ski hill with 15cm of fresh snow overnight with my friend I want to thank John for inviting me up to ski with him and to meet with his Ski Patrol team. I have a better appreciation of what they do to keep us all safe while having fun skiing. As volunteers every weekend on top of their regular jobs during the week, they all drive up from the Lower Mainland at their own cost; get up by 530 am; start 90 minutes before the mountain is open to get all the morning briefings done to ensure everyone is aware of any concerns in specific areas of the mountain; once the mountain opens they go up first on the chairlift and check out all the runs to ensure there are no hazards and if there are they erect poles to mark it as a warning to skiers; play public relations with all the guests from young kids, teenagers, adults and parents; provide safety tips to the guests on the mountain; assist and provide tips on how to put your skis back on in the middle of the mountain if you wipe out; they keep constant radio contact with each other on the entire mountain; deal with minor injuries to fatalities on the mountain; I witnessed John and his team these past 2 days in action bringing the injured skiers on the sled down the mountain to be dealt at the bottom for further medical attention; after the mountain closes at 4pm the entire team takes their last chair ride up the mountain and checks all the runs to ensure there are no people left on the mountain and this can take up from 30-45 minutes; once they are finally back down they have a debriefing and finally are leaving the ski resort after 5 pm when it is dark. On Sunday night, they still have at least 2 hours or more drive home back down to the Lower Mainland. MY HATS OFF AND THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DO THIS AROUND THE WORLD!
We have a lot of patrollers on this site.
Thanks to each and everyone of you for all you do, from bandaids to bombing and everything in between!
You are the bomb!
Pugski bomb.jpeg

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, thank you!

Sponsor

Staff online