• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I have a 11/32 For the climbing so I have DA crank, shifters and front derailleurs but Ultegra rear and brakes. The DA is really nice, but its not a show stopper. Enjoy, thats a beautiful bike!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
image.jpeg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ You can get carbon baskets, kickstands and bells for those things too.

Ding ding!

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just finished this for my son and took our first ride this weekend:
KA11CRieCgdMlZusXXMKdzpT1DHI1dfaYQP4-4WJ7KLZureZAaXJb4rbkn4V7v5g8fZfknztxIqfvsSZj66LqOy0od5Rs4zP5DMcmje4kwlh0DZ0VeXIW4O9Fsq245LQXZjkCxi0okP-8HevsQkoJ98IQakMomhMi5YegphZGIfWmSZqm15KoI20kD1xgq4pcJla4Tp28U2pDyB4qWtCEzarTDnsDJ4Fns5t4nYFDPodvTJjvDdoneeV2ynidHpDkFDYtTTxOJTa00cq6Jd0zua4WvGfSF_9O6fWPWxMgsoqHxDufE7RpKLOMRYdBy6t5YcbretGlyEjkDN3lCb35AUCYVaqeZlCdqfMUpx0JyiCV_fBhfinaYXHSMhUi6vLZ80hQ1TggcU8vAxAfrjIBqsmIRsE4UvOCu-D6NY3-doJPCbOU7wWKB7TYNPF6Fj5xQk_5IUI2-_IlWST0StUXmbRsA5sifbHXVJhGnXAL6ay7CxMrXt7vtjH4E7vsVTKXtX2KoBSJGg5C332f002OboqlO0MPKUOma-PpQwZGuwgZKVSIPHW1t_AQiYQS3RUFQpbjis7nz6O0bjvr-T99VjrjXnmNNY=w799-h599-no

Took an old kids mtb frame and stripped it. Painted purple and silver to his specs. Wanted to replace the horrible joke of suspension forks with simple unicrowns, but after taking time to strip and paint, discovered that it was a 1 1/8" threaded fork/headset. But all the bmx stuff is 1" and nobody is making rigid forks for kid's mountain bikes (okay, I found one pair for $250, but no). I did put nice fat road tires on it and then sourced shiny chrome for everything I could find. Simple 1X6 for his first bike with gears.

Best part: We built it together, even if that mostly means handing me tools and holding the derailleur open while I connected the chain links.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My trusty steed: a 2008 Pedal Force ZX3 with a full Campagnolo drivetrain and three different sets of wheels (these are Mavics, the others and hand-built on Campagnolo Record and Chorus hubs). It has around 36,000 miles on it and has been very reliable. I built it up from a frame and a bucket of parts, and it's been a rewarding experience.

This pic is from 2015, the main difference now being a Brooks Cambium C15 saddle. I'd been through four Specialized Toupe Team saddles over a 30 month period, and grew tired of doing the warranty replacement tango. The Brooks may weigh a little more, but it's comfy and at my size, I'm not obsessing over grams here and there (especially non-rotating ones).

pf2015image.jpg

I also have a 2006 Jamis Eclipse, which is currently in need of a frame repair (drive-side dropout is cracked). Its ride is sublime, with the best qualities of steel and high-mod carbon. It also has a Campagnolo drivetrain, with a Truvativ Roleur Carbon GXP crankset. It shares wheelsets with the Pedal Force, and this is the one built on Campy Chorus hubs. This bike has around 3,600 miles on it (I bought the frame new-old stock).

jamis.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online