• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
skimore1

skimore1

Booting up
Instructor
I just got a full knee replace on my right knee August 8th 2019 (this summer) I'm 11 weeks out and at 132 degrees range of motion I am 66 and a L3 PSIA cert, my leg is straighter than it has been in a LONG time I am still re-habbing hard hoping to ski probably late Feb. Strength wise I am making good gains in PT and hope to be able to at least do groomers Blue and Black its encouraging to hear others have gone through this and are still "makin it happen" I think I will have to re-cook my boot on my right foot though and re adjust my cuff. Any advice from Y'all would be appreciated. Thanks!

TS
skimore1

skimore1

Booting up
Instructor
Had TKR on right knee February 7, 2018. I was 59 at the time. First two weeks post-op were rough, but then improved quickly after that. Surfed at 6 1/2 weeks (which sounds early, but was at a nice mellow point and you're not connected to your board, so...), began water skiing in the slalom course at 12 weeks, and got back on snow around Thanksgiving that year. New knee was fantastic right away and still is. I ski hard on a tough hill (Squaw Valley) with skiers that push me. Feels like I'm back in my 30s again.
VERRRRRRRY Inspiring to hear this!!!!!!! Thanks

TS
skimore1

skimore1

Booting up
Instructor
I also am in Michigan Grand Rapids area but make it north as much as I can. I also used a sports/trauma surgeon and he rocked it! Please keep the info comming!

Sponsor

Staff online