• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Sidestash

ScottL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hii all. I'm new here, first post.
Phil sold me a new pair of Sidestash's a few years ago while he was working at the Start Haus. I've enjoyed them very much, but time for something new. Im hoping some of you can describe the characteristics of the Sidestash so that I can compare them to many of the new skis that have been reviewed on this site.

Thanks in advance.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The first "What ski should I buy" thread of the 2016-17 season!!!! WOOT WOOT!

Hmmm. The Sidestash @108 underfoot skis every mm of it's width and with it's flat tail and straight sidecut, skis every cm of it's length. It is a big ski that can have big feel...but suprisingly enough, it does it pretty darn easily, it's strengths are obtainable by a mortal skier. The tip has minimal early rise and the tail is flat and faily square which means the sidecut runs almost to the end.

Modern interpriation of a ski that you might like? A little more playful? Armada Invictus 108, Similar shape but more rise in the tip and more bounce in the flex, fun fun. If you want a little more power, the Blizzard Cochise, the new one with carbon in the tip and a little but of camber, the Cochise will have more power and charge better but can actually release through the turn better because if a better shaped tail. Volkl 100Eight. A Volkl to replace a K2? Surely I jest. I am not jesting and don't call me Shirley. The new 'Eight' skis from Volkl are dead on money, easy (as easy as you would expect a Volkl to be) because of it's zero camber but not schmeary like you would expect a non camber ski to be. Strong where you want it yet workable. You can also find some of last years around for a deal. Price no object? Kastle BMX105. The BMX105, non HP will be your luxury option, refines smooth and goes very well with a nice Zin. Seriously, if you have to ask why the Kastle? Just go with the other options.

Refresh my memory too, what size are you skiing the K2 in, 181?

TS
ScottL

ScottL

Skier
Thanks Phil. This site is awesome, 20 minutes from post to response!
My skis are 181. They are my every day ski. I ski them on everything.

TS
ScottL

ScottL

Skier
from the reviews I've read so far, the Kastle, Blizzard, and Stokli seen like good candidates. What is K2 making that replaces the Sidestash?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think the Sidestash might still be in the line but it is receiving very little focus with the new Pinnacle collection. The Pinnacle 105 is very different than the Sidestash, it is more playful, shorter turning and more softsnow biased.

Sponsor

Staff online