• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) Just back from a family vacation to China

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
And if you're the curious sort you can peek:

https://www.facebook.com/frankpetro...1073741852.100004460972996&type=3&pnref=story

The more documentary photos are lower down, the top are a lot of kids and junk. Frankly I put the 18 best documentary photos on my website and called it done but some people want to see the touristy stuff.

I don't use Facebook other than to claim my name so someone else doesn't impersonate me... but since most people are on it and I can set it to public it seems like a good way to share photos.

I'm not a fan of Disney at all but the ladies thought going to both Hong Kong and Shanghai DisneyWorlds would be cool, and admittedly it was a well run, first class trip (nor was it cheap). Also you really don't want to do this trip in Summer unless work/school with kids forces you into a narrow window. It literally was 108 and maximum humidity. But it was a nice wet heat.

We spend several weeks in China in 2004 and the changes are tremendous. I've been telling people that back then I felt sympathy but now I feel envious... there is a lot of positive energy amongst the young people and in spite of dire reports it is still booming way more than the West. And the people were wonderful, food was great, and the rural toilets an adventure!

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
interesting, i thoguht china was incredibly dirty, and the polution off the charts. I pity the chinese who grow up in that environment. Everybody is really interested in making money, but to the exclusion of quality of life.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

TS
Frankly

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
interesting, i thoguht china was incredibly dirty, and the polution off the charts. I pity the chinese who grow up in that environment. Everybody is really interested in making money, but to the exclusion of quality of life.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

Well I'm from NY so it wasn't any dirtier....

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have a friend who lives in China. Met her on SkiDiva and Epic several years ago. She seems to really love living there.
Thanks for giving us a glimpse into what China has to offer.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
the rural toilets an adventure!
So it has improved?

I thought even toilets in city are an adventure! Reasonably clean but adventure just the same.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Spent 17 day in China 4 yrs ago water skiing at several locations. The main cities are not much different than in the U.S. Spent time in rural areas too. Very fun and definitely could handle living there. Beijing is still pretty smoggy. Our interrupter is from Beijing. He thought the city was great until he got out rural area where you can see the blue sky. :)

The Pengshui area was beautiful.

Sponsor

Staff online