• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Jackson Hole, January 21st -- anyone be around?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I'm going to be in Jackson Hole the week of January 21st, primarily to attend the Steep and Deep camp. But that starts on the 22nd, which leaves me the 21st to see just what I'm in for, plan my take-off routes into Corbet's (yeah right...), etc.

Will anyone be around who wants to meet up and make some runs?

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry I'll miss you Kevin. JH skied really well a couple of weeks ago for early December so you should have a great time. I'm sure you will enjoy the camp as much as I did several years back. You might give TPJ a shout and see if he can meet for a few turns. And have him show you Radioactive Woods.

Last edited:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Might be there on the back end of your trip.. I am looking to go with some buddies who ski JH every season around that time. However, they wait until closer in to book and will only go when it looks like there is a good storm system settling in. If we cross paths I would love to ski with you... my friends spend a lot of money on lift tix and then just take the tram up and head out of bounds. I like to do a little more lift served. I have skied JH just enough that I am starting to get to know my way around.

If you bring avy gear we can show you some of the side country. My friends are knowledgable and cautious and, even though they are great skiers, they play it very conservatively and are all about about finding great, untracked powder as opposed to skiing gnarly lines.

But again our dates are tentative at this time and are weather dependent.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
@Crank I leave right after camp so I doubt I’ll have a chance to ski on the back end... but I’ll let you know if plans change.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Could maybe squeak the weekend (Jan 20) in, but not the Monday Jan 21.

Good luck with the Steep and Deep Camp. I did it in 2002; was a game-changer. Let us know how it went for you. If I have any advice beforehand, it would be lots of cardio.

Sponsor

Staff online