• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You have seen these floating around Pugski.com...you might have even been part of the development team or tested a few versions and evolutions of this new ski. @Cyrus Schenck has taken your work and input and brought it to market in the all-new Atlas. The Atlas's 15m sidecut combined with Hyper Damping Technology (HDT) will be a ski that that all other skis in the highly contested Premium Frontside Category will be compared against.

Here is a link so you can order your own pair: 2020 Renoun Atlas Pre Order. The first 50 pairs will be signed by Cyrus himself.

Dimensions: 128-80-113
Radius: 15m@177cm
Sizes: 156, 163, 170, 177, 181
MSRP: $1,299

Stay tuned; the Pugski Test Team's reviews will be posted shortly.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You have seen these floating around Pugski.com...you might have even been part of the development team or tested a few versions and evolutions of this new ski. @Cyrus Schenck has taken your work and input and brought it to market in the all new Atlas. The Atlas's 15 meter sidecut combined Hyper Dampening Technology (HDT) will be a ski that that all other skis in the highly contested Premium Frontside Category will be compared against.

Here is a link so you can order your own pair: 2020 Renoun Atlas Pre Order. The first 50 pair will be signed by Cyrus himself.

LENGTHS: 181, 177, 170, 163, 156CM
DIMENSIONS: 128 -80-113MM
RADIUS: 15 (177CM)
MSRP: $1,299

Stay Tuned: Pugski Test Team's Reviews will be posted shortly.

They've actually changed the name of the HDT now and are calling it "Shockstop" polymer and have trademarked it as such. You'll see it used in the Atlas description on the pre-order link. I verified this with Renoun via IG. Looks like another fun ski from Cyrus and team. Kudos to the PugSki test team for their involvement. :ogcool:

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Damn you Cyrus!! I can't justify another pair of your skis to the wife!! :(

Heck, I can barely justify another pair of Renouns for myself ogwink. But, if they can give the Z-77 a challenge, perhaps these Atlas is worth a look. And, in a "shorter " length to boot. 156 is SO much better for me. LOL. At 5'2 95# it makes no difference, but if these are not too stiff....................:wine::P

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug will a 170 demo be available this winter in Tahoe?!?

Sounds like I need to work a few years longer..... grumble, grumble....

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Heck, I can barely justify another pair of Renouns for myself ogwink. But, if they can give the Z-77 a challenge, perhaps these Atlas is worth a look. And, in a "shorter " length to boot. 156 is SO much better for me. LOL. At 5'2 95# it makes no difference, but if these are not too stiff....................:wine::P
One of the main things that was addressed in the smaller sizes was that the flexes were scaled to a smaller skier.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm kinda curious how they would compare to the Head iTitan that I currently use to fill the 80mm slot in my quiver. There are days where I want to be more lazy than the Titans want me to be. I've found my Endurance 98s to be forgiving on those sorts of days but still pack the punch when I want them too, the width and shape of the Endurance might have more to do with that tho. If the Atlas has similar characteristics in that sense.. I might need to get a pair.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Although I’m not a part of the pugski test team, I did help test the atlas prototypes last year. I was looking back through my texts to Cyrus, and my text was “This is the best ski you’ve ever made/designed.”

It was the first ski that I have skied since the first Z90 that made me talk about it afterward over and over.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Although I’m not a part of the pugski test team, I did help test the atlas prototypes last year. I was looking back through my texts to Cyrus, and my text was “This is the best ski you’ve ever made/designed.”

It was the first ski that I have skied since the first Z90 that made me talk about it afterward over and over.

:golfclap::yahoo::beercheer:

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier

Can you describe what it was about the Atlas that created the repetition of positive comments?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How does the Atlas compare against the Z-77, just curious.

Shape and profile to start. The Atlas has a bit more rounded and gradual tip design which allows a smoother turn in. The shape profile is sharper than the Z77 and the tail has a bit more taper. Turn shape is shorter but the tail has a few more MM of taper allowing the tail to release if you choose or hold strongly through the turn.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
@Philpug it's also easier to ski if you recall. It's less demanding, but at the same time gives great feedback when throwing it sideways, just like a "10/10ths" ski.

I'm a pretty decent skier and I REALLY liked it not only because it would help me ski well, but because I can ski it when I am doing 99 percent of skiing, which is slower than I am able.

In other words--it was as forgiving and "fun" as a K2, but as precise as a Stockli. I can appreciate that. A lot.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shape and profile to start. The Atlas has a bit more rounded and gradual tip design which allows a smoother turn in. The shape profile is sharper than the Z77 and the tail has a bit more taper. Turn shape is shorter but the tail has a few more MM of taper allowing the tail to release if you choose or hold strongly through the turn.

Phil, did you have this ski at A Bay in May, or was that a prototype?

Sponsor

Staff online