• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International Women's Ski Day Dec 12th

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
K2 Alliance is sponsoring International Women's Ski Day on December 12th, as if the Pugski ladies need any reason to ski. :D
Get out there and ski!
12341613_10156190323355018_177601917062302025_n.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I wish Powder Mountain was open already, so I could participate. I avoid Snowbasin like the plague on Saturdays. Because I can ski all week so why deal with the zoo crowds? :D

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Why would they pick a day so early in the season when MANY places are not even skiing yet?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is the first time I've participated in IWDS. I'm not sure why its so early in the season, unless its because they are trying to encourage women to get out and ski early so it gets them jump started for the season.
Realistically, many ski areas open by Thanksgiving, unless the weather is unusually warm.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
This is the first time I've participated in IWDS. I'm not sure why its so early in the season, unless its because they are trying to encourage women to get out and ski early so it gets them jump started for the season.
Realistically, many ski areas open by Thanksgiving, unless the weather is unusually warm.

Many ski areas are partially open by Thanksgiving on a good year. This is not even a poor year yet in New England...

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'll be skiing! (duh)

janeskis

Putting on skis
Skier
Well, I skied today, but there was nothing special going on. The women's clinic was last weekend.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I skied today, but there was nothing special going on. The women's clinic was last weekend.
WHAT?!? You got to ski, that is special enough. Just ask our members from the east.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I went into the shop to do the "meet and greet" for women's ski day and ended up staying in the shop to do some bootfitting for the ladies instead of skiing. I didn't get on snow, but it was gratifying to take care of some boot issues for the ladies (and a few men) so they could enjoy their day.
12366169_10206076941387313_1660805909877955522_o.jpg

12357112_10206077764127881_3525919450206561692_o.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Seems to me, you have an invitation to stay at the worldwide headquarters of Pugski
Awe, I sure wish I could come out and enjoy that invitation, but i'm sitting here waiting to have to make it up north to work! That's the worst of it. Twice it looked like it was going to snow and open, now I'm hoping for day after Christmas and praying a miracle happens and it's the week before Christmas. Had I known.... I'd have definitely planned a west trip. This is actually the first year I planned to be there before January 1st.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last year I found my Great Joys at a demo day by Outdoor Divas at Eldora on IWSD. This year I skied my Great Joys with @SBrown and @kimmyt. Both days were awesome.

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ooh yea! I demo'ed the Great Joy in 2014 and bought the pair I was demoing. They were a tester ski he said and was able to sell them cause they were the 173 and no females ski them..... Accept me? Anyhow they are sweet, rockered, blasted through the snow bird spring soup and powder and are My favorite ski EVER. They're on my feet in my little avatar. Both pairs below are the long one's. Which, if you are an advanced to expert skier, and ski west, they are so light and easy turning you'll want the longer length which have a 15 m turning radius and initiate effortlessly, stable at speed, and do that while weighing nothing. I don't have even a hitch going from my 158 slalom race ski to these. They turn so easy I never notice they are long.

Oh i have to add, I see them on sale a few places right now. A demo pair used 4 days with demo binding http://www.powder7.com/Head-Great-Joy-Skis-173cm-Used-2015/for-sale

And new at Level 9
https://www.levelninesports.com/head-great-joy-womens-skis?gclid=CIOrq7yQ2skCFYk9gQod0DEMDg

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ooh yea! I demo'ed the Great Joy in 2014 and bought the pair I was demoing. They were a tester ski he said and was able to sell them. My favorite ski EVER. They're on my feet in my little avatar.

Yay! Another lover! Seriously, these skis make my heart sing and my skiing has never been better.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I figure the date is chosen as only ~ 75% of ski locations may be open (likely less than 75% of runs). This to align with the idea women get 75 cents on the dollar guys do :(

least wise good to know a some were able to have fun! We had 60+ degrees and rain. My spouse thoughts on skiing didn't even cross her mind.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ooh yea! I demo'ed the Great Joy in 2014 and bought the pair I was demoing. They were a tester ski he said and was able to sell them cause they were the 173 and no females ski them..... Accept me? Anyhow they are sweet, rockered, blasted through the snow bird spring soup and powder and are My favorite ski EVER. They're on my feet in my little avatar. Both pairs below are the long one's. Which, if you are an advanced to expert skier, and ski west, they are so light and easy turning you'll want the longer length which have a 15 m turning radius and initiate effortlessly, stable at speed, and do that while weighing nothing. I don't have even a hitch going from my 158 slalom race ski to these. They turn so easy I never notice they are long.

Oh i have to add, I see them on sale a few places right now. A demo pair used 4 days with demo binding http://www.powder7.com/Head-Great-Joy-Skis-173cm-Used-2015/for-sale

And new at Level 9
https://www.levelninesports.com/head-great-joy-womens-skis?gclid=CIOrq7yQ2skCFYk9gQod0DEMDg

Yay! Another lover! Seriously, these skis make my heart sing and my skiing has never been better.
@Hotchocolate skied those at Loveland last May and almost bought the demo pair

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was working in SLC mid-December last year and joined IWSD @Alta for the first time. What a remarkable bunch of women, including a heli-guide based in Girdwood and a tele skiing champion whose winning prize was a trip to Hokkaido.

Sponsor

Staff online