• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) International Destinations

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Apparently, Chile just tightened travel. If you are coming in from out of country, you have to quarantine in a sterile, approved facility for five days (at your expense). Then you have to quarantine at your destination for five days.

Has anyone been considering international travel? What are you hearing from various destinations / airlines?

Thanks in advance.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Apparently, Chile just tightened travel. If you are coming in from out of country, you have to quarantine in a sterile, approved facility for five days (at your expense). Then you have to quarantine at your destination for five days.

Has anyone been considering international travel? What are you hearing from various destinations / airlines?

Thanks in advance.
Eu is ok if vaccinated

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Eu is ok if vaccinated

Good to know. Hope that it stays that way. Thinking of booking two trips to Iceland.

From what I heard (and I assume that the source is correct) the Indian variant, which is supposed to be more contagious, popped up in Chile. They shut down based on that data point.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If I were traveling out of the U.S., I might consider travel insurance in case the local protocols at your destination change. Airfare will be refunded in most cases but lodging, not always . Sadly, this isn’t over yet.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
If I were traveling out of the U.S., I might consider travel insurance in case the local protocols at your destination change. Airfare will be refunded in most cases but lodging, not always . Sadly, this isn’t over yet.

I'm looking at two weeks in Iceland in April, and again in June. The heli ski outfitter require travel and evac insurance. Language / commitments for pandemic related refunds seem to be a bit vague right now.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was out of the US recently on travel and test results for a COVID-19 test conducted 48 hours or less in adavance of re-entry to the US was required (yes I have been vaccinated and had my CDC card). The hotel had a test area set up in a conference room and it was easy to schedule the swipe and results were ready in a couple of hourse.

Based on information from a buddy who lives in Chile vaccinations are difficult to come by and the most accesible vaccine is Sinovax which has suboptimal efficacy compared to some other vaccines.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
My brother and sister-in-law just returned from a (I believe) 12-day holiday in Iceland yesterday. Not skiing related but equestrian and hiking related. I think he told me a vaccination was required but no quarantine involved on either end (they reside in the very outer suburbs of Philadelphia). Already have cycling trips booked to Thailand and the lakes region of northern Italy later this year plus a couple more, the destinations of which I can't recall right now.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
We recently traveled to France, no issues, no tests required (if Vaccinated).
Requisite ski content: My kids are back with their team training at Val D'Isere Pissaillas Glacier this week and in Tignes on the Grand Motte glacier next week.

James

Out There
Instructor
We recently traveled to France, no issues, no tests required (if Vaccinated).
Requisite ski content: My kids are back with their team training at Val D'Isere Pissaillas Glacier this week and in Tignes on the Grand Motte glacier next week.
How are the snow conditions compared to normal? Is that open like 8-1300 and then it’s too warm? I’ve only done summer at Les Deux Alpes once like 20 years ago. My recollection is we battled to get on the lift at 7:30, then came down around 12:30 to Italian lunch.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
How are the snow conditions compared to normal? Is that open like 8-1300 and then it’s too warm? I’ve only done summer at Les Deux Alpes once like 20 years ago. My recollection is we battled to get on the lift at 7:30, then came down around 12:30 to Italian lunch.

this week on the Pissaillas (Val D’Isere) they ski 7:30-12:30, then lunch and afternoon dry-land stuff. Conditions seem quite good overall as temperatures are definitely cooperating. I assume Tignes next week will be the same.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Already have cycling trips booked to Thailand and the lakes region of northern Italy later this year plus a couple more, the destinations of which I can't recall right now.
Sucks to be you I guess.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sucks to be you I guess.
Not me but my brother and sister-in-law (especially my brother), who seem to travel (mostly abroad) with great frequency for the past several years (in addition to taking a several-year-long break from their successful careers to travel all over the world when they were much younger). It helps to have been investors in Berkshire Hathaway stock decades ago.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not me but my brother and sister-in-law (especially my brother), who seem to travel (mostly abroad) with great frequency for the past several years (in addition to taking a several-year-long break from their successful careers to travel all over the world when they were much younger). It helps to have been investors in Berkshire Hathaway stock decades ago.
Ah. Got it.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nearly half of Australia shut down over concerns of Delta. We have ~25 cases per day in NSW (home to 8 million people). All of greater Sydney in shutdown. Only 16 reasons to leave home. Skiing isn't one of 'em.

Hopefully be lifted in another few days. :mask:

hollyberry

Putting on skis
Skier

Thanks in advance.
I am thinking of going to Argentina in 2023 for study abroad and am trying to find information about skiing in Argentina & Chile, especially costs of transportation to various resorts to/from Buenos Aires or Mendoza. I am also interested in finding ski clubs that do group trips from Buenos Aires.

Sponsor