• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Interesting video on eye color perception from Zeiss

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I’m curious if Zeiss makes lenses for other goggle brands, because I’ve seen Sonar lenses intended for flat light listed by other brands, and I just ordered one for my Abom goggles. I think I recall somewhere in the Pug/SkiTalksphere mentioned that Abom used Carl Zeiss lenses, but I can’t find it on their website.
Lots of manufacturers use Zeiss lenses.
POC
Giro (example shown)
Image 11-13-21 at 11.03 PM.jpg

TS
H

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I got the TGR goggles and without snow looked at some varying gray storm clouds. I like what I see. In the sun the denser lens is green and worked well at cutting the glare.

The lenses are held in the frame with magnets. Should be fine, but I just got my booster shot, and those magnetic lenses were clinging all over me like vampire squid......:facepalm:

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
I got the TGR goggles and without snow looked at some varying gray storm clouds. I like what I see. In the sun the denser lens is green and worked well at cutting the glare.

The lenses are held in the frame with magnets. Should be fine, but I just got my booster shot, and those magnetic lenses were clinging all over me like vampire squid......:facepalm:
Look at the bright side, now you don’t need frames

TS
H

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just returned the Teton Gravity Research goggles with Zeiss lenses. The lenses didn't work for me. I saw amber blobs floating around, similar to the pink blobs I saw with Oakley Prizm. I'm back to Smith ChromaPop which is great for my eyes.

Sponsor