• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Informal Competition... no prizes :)

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Here's one from the other side of the pond, something for lovers of obscure boots.

This boot will be widely available on the alpine side of the pond this winter. It's notionally a 130 flex... A prize [well my respect] for anyone who identifies the boot and brand and... what it really is.

I ve blurred some giveaways. FWIW I think it might also be on sale in the USA but can't be sure...

mystery boot 2.jpg
mystery boot 1.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Return of the Caber?!

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve never seen them on any slope I’ve been on.
Sorry that was to easy, or I fell for your antics.
Nice looking boot anyways, are they worth a dam?

TS
skipress

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
You win AaronG, it's a Wed'ze 980 by Decathlon [are you in the US or EU?]. Remember the Nordica NR980...?

Now.... what is it really [as opposed to what's on the shell]. Or if you prefer what boot does it have 99% of the DNA of if you strip off the buckles and change the colour :)?

TS
skipress

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
"Cochise Pro" ?

Still close.... but no closer :).

I suspect that you are about 50% there in terms of parts.... look more closely at the cuff, there's no walk mode and the 'mark 1' version also uses trad buckles, not the strap system.

TS
skipress

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
A blue Dobermann?

Getting colder. Not in the image but it has a single rear cuff bolt. A blue Dobie would be a travesty, you might as well have a pink hearse :)

TS
skipress

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Technica Mach 1 130, around 2015?

https://www.snowmagazine.com/media/...al/8a/7d/69/Technica-Mach-1-34-1427791321.jpg

The shell & sole look identical.

I originally mentioned the 2015 Cochise because I I actually tried on that boot in 2015 & I remembered the ridged instep design. I didn't realize how many design cues the 2015 Cochise and Mach 1 shared until I looked them up today.

Yep you win, far as I can see it is a blue version of the first gen Mach 1. Here it is with the full graphics.

mystery boot 3.jpg

The sole with the modified Tecnica T mid-foot is a bit of a giveaway - it must have taken hours to dremel out the extra bits in the mold.

It retails for circa GB£199, so about US$260, probably about the same as a second hand pair of the original on Ebay. Decathlon do have a US presence but no idea whether they'll be releasing it stateside.

TS
skipress

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
It can't possibly flex right in blue, tho.

Blue never looks racy enough, unless it's a Lange?

They also do an EVA liner - I can't work out the source. I assumed Palau but it looks more Intuition-ey. Anyone got any thoughts on the origin?

evofit liner.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Interesting. Intuition don't really do diagonally stitched heels (Sidas do), and they don't do shin shock pads (Palau do). The instep pad is something I haven't seen before.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Here's one from the other side of the pond, something for lovers of obscure boots.

This boot will be widely available on the alpine side of the pond this winter. It's notionally a 130 flex... A prize [well my respect] for anyone who identifies the boot and brand and... what it really is.

I ve blurred some giveaways. FWIW I think it might also be on sale in the USA but can't be sure...

View attachment 85852 View attachment 85853

The blurr was not good enough a quick search got me this: https://skis-catalogue-hiver-1920.wedze.com/en/chaussure-piste/#product

TS
skipress

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Interesting. Intuition don't really do diagonally stitched heels (Sidas do), and they don't do shin shock pads (Palau do). The instep pad is something I haven't seen before.

Yes had me wondering, the little tag makes me think Intuition [perhaps an old model?].

I do wonder in reality if there is shared production from all of these companies. They are extraordinarily cheap here - £UK60 so a half to a third of the Intuition retail cost.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I've been been tempted to pick up some liners from Decaff. The boot prices are killer though I nearly posted one here last year and said guess the price - it was in store under £100 for an intermediate style boot.

Sponsor

Staff online