• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

In hindsight....I shouldn't have sold that...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I doing my album challenge on Facebook, the first album I posted was Donald Fagen The Nightfly. The album I had was the Mobile Fidelity Studio Half Speed Master Recording, incredibly clean and pressed on virgin vinyl. These were about $30.00 in the early 80's when regular albums were about $10. I remember my buddy talking me into getting it. In searching for the MFSL album image, I see they are going for $300-400 now. Damn. I shoulda kept it..along with the other MFSL albums.

My old skateboards, specifically the Kryptonics boards all have a value with a comma in them.

Hot Wheels, I have a prestine collection of Red Lines, about 350 or so, not big but high quality, many were early 70's cars tha tnow are very desireable because of their low production numbers. One was a 73 Snake that Taggarts Pricing Guide said there were less than 10 known in existance. I sold the lot in the mid 90's when there was a Hot Wheels boom, but I don't think values have gone up significantly since then.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
My large collection of role-playing games.

AD&D (of course)
Traveller
Twilight:2000
Traveller:2300
Space 1889
Boothill
Gangbusters

a few others that don't come to mind.

Now my daughter is playing D&D and showed me an Ebay auction where something that I know I had sold for like $1200!

edit: btw, I didn't sell them, my mom threw them away at some point during or after college.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My large collection of role-playing games.

AD&D (of course)
Traveller
Twilight:2000
Traveller:2300
Space 1889
Boothill
Gangbusters

a few others that don't come to mind.

Now my daughter is playing D&D and showed me an Ebay auction where something that I know I had sold for like $1200!

edit: btw, I didn't sell them, my mom threw them away at some point during or after college.
Don't get me started on the Baseball cards I threw away or cut up.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Colt 1911 Government Model Series 80. The only firearm I ever sold. Nothing of tremendous value, just stupid for selling it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Colt 1911 Government Model Series 80. The only firearm I ever sold. Nothing of tremendous value, just stupid for selling it.
My dad had kept his officer service issue 1911. I shot it a couple times before dad passed. Mom asked me if I wanted it, had small children at the time so I passed and gave her the green light to have our friend sell it. I wish there had been a way to loan it to someone to hang on to until the kids were adults.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January