• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I officially renounce Killington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway Star

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Between this year and last year's over reliance on North Ridge early and bunny hills like Sunday River and Okemo offering top to bottom skiing and a better product, I'm officially renouncing my allegiance to Killington. In their latest marketing move they opened two 150' connectors in order to claim the most trails open. It is just sad what has become of "The Beast".

Who is the new king of fall in the east? Discuss.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Noted. Is the door just shut? Is it locked? Or is it nailed shut?

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
I claim no local knowledge with it comes to Killington, other than skiing it occasionally. My question is "are they being smart by not wasting effort when this years fall weather has been so warm"? What's the temps there today...50 and rain coming? I say judge them when it cold temps become more reality. If they were the "beast of the east" last season, did anything change outside of the weather?

Funny but my little Pa ski hill is the king of naming connector trails, plus, multiple names on the same trail, just so they can advertise more runs than any other Pa ski hill.

BTW, let's keep the discussion at a higher level.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
If you renounce them, then you can't ski there anymore. Or talk about them.

TS
Highway Star

Highway Star

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Last season several mountains were open top to bottom, including Wildcat of all places, before K was.

NOAA-cast is calling for 1" of r*in this afternoon and tonight, followed by a high of 44F tomorrow. That is not going to help the snowpack or snow surface at all but they could have made the push to at least go down Snowdon in the last week. I can understand not shooting for the Superstar Pod. But Okemo, Stowe, Stratton, Bretton Woods, and Someday Bigger will all be offering betting products for Thanksgiving.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

steamboat1

Booting up
Skier
Funny but my little Pa ski hill is the king of naming connector trails, plus, multiple names on the same trail, just so they can advertise more runs than any other Pa ski hill.
I happen to be a fan of areas giving multiple names to the same trail. It helps to give you a better idea of what's actually open. For instance upper East Fall at K is open right now but lower East Fall is not. If they just called the whole trail East Fall you'd think the whole trail is open. This also applies to upper Double Dipper & upper Downdraft, top is open but lower sections aren't. Same thing with Superstar trail. Often early season they open upper Superstar first, having to cut over to Skye Lark afterwards. Later they open middle Superstar with the same cut over required lower down. Usually lower Superstar is the last section to open all the way to the bottom. If they just named the whole trail Superstar with no distinction between sections you'd think the whole trail was open if they just listed Superstar as open. I use K as an example because it's the area I'm most familiar with.

Last edited:

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Where else are you going to go? Obviously not Cannon because of the lame fleeces and all. Will you relocate to Sugarbush (not open yet), Stowe (not open and closes early in the spring), Okemo (too many gapers, not steep), looks like Sunday River is your new home ...

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
he needs another place which he can have a solid love/hate relationship with. Magic is a good candidate

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I want to know why you had allegiance to Killington in the first place. Seriously. I have skied the Beast and tried to like it...but I just can't get there. Confusing layout, intermediate runs with expert-level bumps on the top (so I can't take my wife or friends), weird connections.....
I would really like someone to 'splain me what is so good that I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor