• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I don't understand this Metaverse thing

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Imagine how much worse this all can get in the metaverse. 3-D con jobs, new skillz.

Heading to IndEED right now to build a new resume for Holodeck Programmer positions.. My kid's in engineering school right now for computer science and game design (math minor). I have a hunch that will work out well for him..

1666980946348.png

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can I deep fake myself (someone else as me) in those meetings but really be out skiing on a powder day?
If you figure this out..I am in. Maybe have your avatar spouting mindless, corporate drivel such as

"Well everyone we really need to scale this thing at a more granular level. Jane and Johny why don't you form a tiger team and do a red-team, deep dive on that topic and report back to us. Meanwhile, we'll use our cross-matrixed corporate capabilities to crank out a beta prototype for a proof a concept and we'll be sure to use an agile approach and pivot really quick if our subscriber base doesn't like it" .

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So... have any of you seen Dan Olson's deep dive into this metaverse thing?

Points that made me giggle (sidebars in parentheses are purely mine):

- Landlordism just like NFTs (note that Olson is fairly primed to notice this)
- Unless you talk about 3D, you're talking about the current Internet
- We can't talk about the metaverse as a failure, only failures to achieve the metaverse (sounds like communism, really)
- There is only so much you can do in 3D without your cochlear reflexes kicking in and calling it quits (a little embarassing for skiers to just fall to the floor).

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online