• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just posted this in the other thread.

Tommy Biesemeyer, USST, ruptured his achilles. He's out of the games, done for the season, maybe longer. He's quoted here:

https://www.skiracing.com/stories/biesemeyer-injured-in-training

Sounds pretty down. Great guy, hard worker. Many, many injuries.

Wish him the best. Tough year for US males speed skiers. Third one out for the season. Ugh.
This has been a tough year, for sure.
:(
Would be nice to see a strong, fit team.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Now a week into the games after subscribing to the fubo.tv channel for $20, I still expect to cancel after the games complete. What was not expected is I haven't found much reason to watch NBCSN streaming on my big laptop, my main reason for going with it. In prime time as expected, the main action has been on NBC, but they are not surprisingly switching action between events. When they do switch off the alpine skiing or snowboard events, one usually finds the same skating events being shown on NBCSN???

Where I have made most use of fubo.tv is with The Olympic Channel. They have been showing a broad swath of edited recorded events mainly of medal winners along with bio clips, medal ceremonies, and interviews. I particularly enjoy the interviews watching how joyfully happy these medal winning elite athletes are and especially the women athletes many of which are also quite beautiful. Except for our USA athletes with their pre-recorded bio clips, one otherwise does not really have an opportunity to see much of the faces of skiing athletes from other countries, beneath helmet and face protection.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Now a week into the games after subscribing to the fubo.tv channel for $20, I still expect to cancel after the games complete. What was not expected is I haven't found much reason to watch NBCSN streaming on my big laptop, my main reason for going with it. In prime time as expected, the main action has been on NBC, but they are not surprisingly switching action between events. When they do switch off the alpine skiing or snowboard events, one usually finds the same skating events being shown on NBCSN???

My main reason for going with Sling Blue is that I can use the NBCSports app on my Roku, Fire TV Stick, Android tablet, and iPhone. This app gives you access to the unfettered feeds of any sport, live or on-demand (the latter after the fact, of course). Sure, you miss the commentary by NBC's main crew (it's the IBS international English language feed), as well as the cool Dartfish overlays comparing racers, but the commentators aren't bad, and the coverage is complete.

The app is where it's at, not the channels.

Bart Parnell

Getting on the lift
Pass Pulled
I ended up going to the NBC app to see Ester win the SG late last night but it was the Brit guy calling it... is there a feed of Bode Miller calling it available anywhere? Or extended video of Ester in the finish area before they switched to the next racer?

I do have to compliment Anna Veith for being so gracious, that's Gold Medal sportswomanship.

Sponsor