• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hotronics Cable Damage

James

Out There
Instructor
Correct, that is my worry. I actually don't use a heated bootbag, haven't felt the need for it. Fit is good and boots are easy to put on.
Well, if you leave the liner in and dry it out with unheated air, doesn't it, omfit, move as you jam your foot in? Been too long since I had zipfits, but I always removed. I had a leather interior and don't think I could have gotten in with the liner in shell.

Fwiw, I remove laceup liners and use heated air, snapdry. I think people are delusional if they think everythings dry without removing. Usually when you do that, there's condensation between liner and shell. But this has been debated for years.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have Zipfit. Never take the liner out. Yes the cork warms up resets every time, which i find rather nice as my feet seem to be different every day depending on weather, water retention and such. I just do the recommended lift the heel up and down a couple of times as I put the boot on and it seems to mold into the heel pocket space perfectly. I've had the same liners for three pairs of boots so far. I do however use a heated boot bag. When I don't remember to turn the thing on and it's cold, the cork stuff doesn't move at all until my foot warms it up as I go along.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm guessing that 99% of installations don't rout out a channel in the footbed for the heating circle or cable.

Lots depends on the boot, footbed, liner and skier. Nothing bothered me in my 3 pairs of Fisher vac. The Atomic is lot more finicky. Had to recess both the heat pad and cable. Otherwise it's cramps in the arch area.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice. I'm guessing that 99% of installations don't rout out a channel in the footbed for the heating circle or cable.
100% of the heater installations I do have a channel routed out for the cable.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Running them up the back is where the problem starts. Watch @otto 's video...

This method is not just limited to race/lace up liners.

Yep, I followed this video during my install and no issues at all so far even taking the liners out a number of times. I just got Zipfits so I'll install them the same and hopefully sliding the liners in every day won't be an issue but the cable shouldn't contact the rear of the shell at all when sliding into the boot so i should be all right.

Sponsor

Staff online