• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hoping to bring a little stoke to someone's hot summer day...

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I developed "Mishmash Media" as a joke for a short video outlining a trip in 2018...The video clips were recorded for personal use (as opposed to becoming a video edit), and thus, I had a mishmash of video to sort through and edit down. The name has stuck, and each trip my husband and I take with our group of friends all of our videos get put into the mishmash pile. I just finished editing video captured during a week-long trip to Lech, Austria at the end of February (2/24-3/5). We were a group of 6 people with a couple of go-pros, and everyone with phone-cameras.

It was quite the trip ... Despite the Alps having a rather dry season, we timed our trip just right and got a good pile of fresh snow on Day 1. From there it a mixed bag of conditions, powder runs, firm hardpack, oh-my-god-I-can't-see-my-feet, wind slabs galore, and some pretty solid sunny spring-skiing days.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I developed "Mishmash Media" as a joke for a short video outlining a trip in 2018...The video clips were recorded for personal use (as opposed to becoming a video edit), and thus, I had a mishmash of video to sort through and edit down. The name has stuck, and each trip my husband and I take with our group of friends all of our videos get put into the mishmash pile. I just finished editing video captured during a week-long trip to Lech, Austria at the end of February (2/24-3/5). We were a group of 8 people with a couple of go-pros, and everyone with phone-cameras.

It was quite the trip ... Despite the Alps having a rather dry season, we timed our trip just right and got a good pile of fresh snow on Day 1. From there it a mixed bag of conditions, powder runs, firm hardpack, oh-my-god-I-can't-see-my-feet, wind slabs galore, and some pretty solid sunny spring-skiing days.

I understand Niki Lauda!

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I understand Niki Lauda!
YES! That song played EVERYWHERE. I'd dub it the most played song in the Arlberg. I had to Google Translate to understand the lyrics though...and to make sure it wasn't too inappropriate lol

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
@Lauren, not hot here @ Mammoth yet, are you doing the FOJ trip here or Tahoe?

James

Out There
Instructor
IMG_1096.png

What’s up with this bridge to somewhere? Never seen lift access like that. A t-bar?

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Lauren, not hot here @ Mammoth yet, are you doing the FOJ trip here or Tahoe?
Current plans for skiing are Alpine on the 2nd, Mammoth on the 4th-6th. If Alpine isn't worth it, we'll just kick around by the lake for a couple days before heading to Mammoth. Maybe I'll see ya out there?

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 206459
What’s up with this bridge to somewhere? Never seen lift access like that. A t-bar?

It's a double chair, the Riffelbahn I in Rendl, just outside of St. Anton ... you slide out onto this U-shaped bridge to load it. Here's a satellite image that shows the bird's eye view. The chair's cable goes out to the right side of the photo.

1687884348588.png

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice! Looks like a fun group, and a good time.

Sponsor

Staff online