Holmenkol Wax

Discussion in 'Tuning Techniques and Tool Information' started by Dwight, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Dwight

Dwight Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid Admin Moderator

Looking for other possible places to purchase Holmenkol Betamix Red: 200 grams: Bulk Wax besides Artechski. Right now they are the cheapest. Don't have a reason not to order from them, but checking here for those that might be in the know. :)

Next year, just might purchase the 1KG bag.

cantunamunch likes this.
  2. trailtrimmer

trailtrimmer Stuck in the Flatlands Skier

It’s the best deal going, everywhere else has the smaller bar size for not much less or the same price.

Dakine likes this.
  3. raytseng

raytseng Out on the slopes Skier

It doesn't help, but 3years ago, i bought a 150g package bar of blue ultramix for $10 from snowinn.com which I think is a sports conglomerate based in Spain, and I gave it a shot. It got to me fine with free shipping.

They still have small bars which are discounted below MSRP; so they still deal holmenkol; but they aren't currently carrying the big bars. So you still have the best deal currently available. Maybe they stopped entirely, maybe they're just not stocking it for now, can't tell!

4. trailtrimmer

trailtrimmer Stuck in the Flatlands Skier

The website snowinn.com has always looked sketchy as hell to me. The outerwear prices seemed too good to be true, it wasn't worth a couple hundred dollar gamble to me.

How long did it take to arrive?

KingGrump and cantunamunch like this.
  5. Primoz

Primoz Out on the slopes Skier

Nah don't worry @trailtrimmer. It's pretty huge online shop, and while some complain it looks sketchy, it actually works good. I regularly order stuff there, and except a little slow shipping (takes some 5-6 days to get stuff from Spain to Slovenia), all was good. Every single time. I'm quite cautious about these things, so I checked some more before first order, but all I found was complains that they look sketchy but no real complains that someone actually got screwed.

6. Plai

Plai Paul Lai Skier

I've bought a few things from their summer activities (biking & tennis) and the stuff usually arrives here in California in about a week.

7. raytseng

raytseng Out on the slopes Skier

yea agree about a week. I was only buying $20 in stuff, so was ok with the risk

8. Swede

Swede Out on the slopes Skier

I've bought from snow-inn and their sister-sites with no problems. My experience (and others I know) is that they are legit.

9. K2 Rat

K2 Rat Out on the slopes Skier

I bought this year's Spyder Coaches pants for $220 from Snowinn. Yes, seemed a bit sketchy. But arrived in couple of weeks from Norway, although the site is in Spain. Those are rarely on sale or by the time they do, they no longer have my size. $220 for a $400 pant in Nov was a great deal.