• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Holmenkol Wax

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking for other possible places to purchase Holmenkol Betamix Red: 200 grams: Bulk Wax besides Artechski. Right now they are the cheapest. Don't have a reason not to order from them, but checking here for those that might be in the know. :)

Next year, just might purchase the 1KG bag.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
It’s the best deal going, everywhere else has the smaller bar size for not much less or the same price.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It doesn't help, but 3years ago, i bought a 150g package bar of blue ultramix for $10 from snowinn.com which I think is a sports conglomerate based in Spain, and I gave it a shot. It got to me fine with free shipping.

They still have small bars which are discounted below MSRP; so they still deal holmenkol; but they aren't currently carrying the big bars. So you still have the best deal currently available. Maybe they stopped entirely, maybe they're just not stocking it for now, can't tell!

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
The website snowinn.com has always looked sketchy as hell to me. The outerwear prices seemed too good to be true, it wasn't worth a couple hundred dollar gamble to me.

How long did it take to arrive?

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nah don't worry @trailtrimmer. It's pretty huge online shop, and while some complain it looks sketchy, it actually works good. I regularly order stuff there, and except a little slow shipping (takes some 5-6 days to get stuff from Spain to Slovenia), all was good. Every single time. I'm quite cautious about these things, so I checked some more before first order, but all I found was complains that they look sketchy but no real complains that someone actually got screwed.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The website snowinn.com has always looked sketchy as hell to me. The outerwear prices seemed too good to be true, it wasn't worth a couple hundred dollar gamble to me.

How long did it take to arrive?

I've bought a few things from their summer activities (biking & tennis) and the stuff usually arrives here in California in about a week.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've bought from snow-inn and their sister-sites with no problems. My experience (and others I know) is that they are legit.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought this year's Spyder Coaches pants for $220 from Snowinn. Yes, seemed a bit sketchy. But arrived in couple of weeks from Norway, although the site is in Spain. Those are rarely on sale or by the time they do, they no longer have my size. $220 for a $400 pant in Nov was a great deal.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Sport Thoma was the Holmenkol importer last year. They stopped because they didn’t want to get sued over the fluoros. Apparently there is nobody importing it this year so whatever you are getting is old stock.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
But it is not a fluoro. :huh: Oh well.

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
A couple years back I bought a 150 g brick of Betamix from Holmenkol US and a 150g brick of green (cold) hydrocarbon wax from Racewax.com. I liked the Betamix but was really impressed with the HC wax from Racewax. While it is recommended for temps below 25 degrees, I find it has a range of 15 -35 degrees. Try it, you can't beat the price.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
A couple years back I bought a 150 g brick of Betamix from Holmenkol US and a 150g brick of green (cold) hydrocarbon wax from Racewax.com. I liked the Betamix but was really impressed with the HC wax from Racewax. While it is recommended for temps below 25 degrees, I find it has a range of 15 -35 degrees. Try it, you can't beat the price.
I have two sticks already on its way.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I liked the Betamix but was really impressed with the HC wax from Racewax. While it is recommended for temps below 25 degrees, I find it has a range of 15 -35 degrees.

I did 3 boards and 3 pairs of skis with Green last night. I'll have to do one pair for me and see how it works out. Goes on well though.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
SO I was talking to someone yesterday who says that the Holmenkol engineer or whatever that was responsible for Beta Red left and went to Swix a while back. He says that Swix BP88 is exactly Beta Red. I've used a few bars of BP88, and I could see how that could be true. He claims that at Burke they use BP88 for everything except race day.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
OK some of you got skeeved out ordering your Holmenkol from snowinn.com

Now imagine if you were ordering Holmenkol from these lot:

(and yes, there is fluoro on the subsequent pages :D )

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Beaver Wax ? :roflmao: Only in Canada, Eh !?
There are more ski products on Page 2,3, etc. I can't stop laughing at the "product diversity" of this company !!

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
SO I was talking to someone yesterday who says that the Holmenkol engineer or whatever that was responsible for Beta Red left and went to Swix a while back. He says that Swix BP88 is exactly Beta Red. I've used a few bars of BP88, and I could see how that could be true. He claims that at Burke they use BP88 for everything except race day.

Okay, Muleski.

Sponsor

Staff online