• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help students with their project by answering a 1min survey

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Here's an idea that wouldn't require tools, hired hands, or liability insurance. How about renting out clothing to people who are just starting to ski? It costs tons of money to buy all the clothing one needs to ski in comfort outside in the cold. You could ask about renting helmets, ski gloves and ski mittens, ski socks, pant liners, ski pants, ski jackets, ski tops, goggles, neck gaiters, balaclavas, knit caps? You could offer to deliver it.

This. Rent the Runway for Ski/board gear. Hey @raytseng see what I did there? No MBA required ;) :D

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Totally off topic - ok sorta - but this whole shipskis.com thing - they must be smoking crack because even if I pay the checked bag fee it's still WAY cheaper to fly my ski box than ship it. I don't know how they exist as a business entity. Case in point - flew my normal airline on miles to Europe this year - with our credit card membership and status with the airline - bags checked free. Ski box and a roller duffel. Was it a pain to schlep around? A bit. But it was fun. And "free" with the flights.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
The only was I would rent clothes is if I flew to a country with different sizing and the airline promised me it would arrive definitely within one day. I have lost my luggage permanently on a trip, so I'm leery of airline promises. However, I've also tried buying clothes that fit in Austria. Exhausting. I'm not sure I wouldn't just bag the whole trip.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here's an idea that wouldn't require tools, hired hands, or liability insurance. How about renting out clothing to people who are just starting to ski? It costs tons of money to buy all the clothing one needs to ski in comfort outside in the cold. You could ask about renting helmets, ski gloves and ski mittens, ski socks, pant liners, ski pants, ski jackets, ski tops, goggles, neck gaiters, balaclavas, knit caps? You could offer to deliver it.

Getoutfitted.com did this a few years ago and went out of business. I'm not sure if it was lack of marketing or .....:huh:

Now there is a company called Kitlender
https://www.kitlender.com/

Sponsor

Staff online