• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Philadelphia

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I used to hit Hunter over T-Giving weekend..until I hit crazy traffic on the New York Thuway.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
it's nice with big boulder can get open for t-day. don't have to drive as far, but skiing is not comparable....but at that time of year, skiing is skiing!

a9a1c1

Booting up
Skier
Well a new tradition is since we cant use the oven at the Lodge, I deep fry it, man is it tasty. We devoured a 18 lb turkey cooked in under an hour! Was a great first 5 days skiing, but I wanna start earlier like october or when ever the trails open in killington. Ill be up there as early as end of Sept for the beer fest for all the local breweries.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
it's nice with big boulder can get open for t-day. don't have to drive as far, but skiing is not comparable....but at that time of year, skiing is skiing!
I remember hitting Boulder once November 10th in the early 2000's. I do remember as a kid, we were happy if Camelback or the other resorts were able to get open the weekend before Christmas. Thanksgiving was unheard of.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Aston is a nice little town. Delco had a better sense of community than Chester which felt mroe transient. We knew all of our neighbors in Newtown Square yet hardly any of them when we lived in West Chester.

@surfsnowgirl I never went to The Electric Factory but did see some shows at The Tower, Donald Fagen, The Pretenders, Elvis Costello to name a few.
Newtown square - I grew up there - small world! Welcome @Willyum215. I ski all winter at Blue. Cheers

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
No - bought by Buckmans
I pass by Wick's everyday. I had no idea it was bought out. Thanks for the info. For good or for Ill, I buy online or Craigslist anyway.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I was just off of Media Line Rd. on Mulberry Lane.
So cool! I went to MN Jr. High and would walk by that rd every day to swim at Suburban Swim Club on Gradyvilke rd. I think. I grew up by Foxcatcher. Can't remember the rd now.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, hadn't heard that. Wick's will be missed. Agree their two consignment sales were as good as it gets.
You never were at the one that I did out here...killer. I will be going to one at California Ski Company this weekend, lets see how that one is.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I find it interesting they haven't changed the sign yet - at least as of a few weeks ago when I last drove by. Many people will be surprised when their usual opening comes next week with no activity.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I find it interesting they haven't changed the sign yet - at least as of a few weeks ago when I last drove by. Many people will be surprised when their usual opening comes next week with no activity.
Please keep us posted.

GCRUMP

Putting on skis
Skier
The new Buckmans sign is now up , covering up the old Wicks sign. I stopped by the Tent sale today , starting on Wednesday ( vs Saturday under Wicks) made for a lot lighter crowds. There seemed to be a lot less consignment gear and a lot more "closeout" new gear than under Wicks. Bad news for my pre-teen boys as I was hoping to pick up some used skis for them , good news for my daughter who was looking for used boots and got a great deal on brand new boots.
It was nice to see some familiar faces as some employees from Wicks have stayed on.
First impression, it felt more like the old Wicks than the usual Buckmans..... more mom and pop-ish. Sadly no animals roaming the store, that was always a highlight for the kids.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was nice to see some familiar faces as some employees from Wicks have stayed on.
First impression, it felt more like the old Wicks than the usual Buckmans..... more mom and pop-ish. Sadly no animals roaming the store, that was always a highlight for the kids.
I know Sheila, Donna and Ken are carry overs.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the reminder - I need to stop by.

Sponsor

Staff online