• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Halloween Poll: Movies

Movies for Halloween

• Scary

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Funny

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Classic

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Cartoon

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Scary movies, classic movies, cartoon or funny movies?
I guess a classic could be any of the above, so I'm allowing two choices on this poll.

Phil and I usually watch Young Frankenstein

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Michael made me watch Young Frankenstein when we first started dating because he was appalled I'd never seen it. Funny movie and definitely a classic.

I'm definitely a scary movie person all the way!!! I'm typically an old school horror movie person and there aren't a lot of newer ones that wind my watch. There are a few but they are few and far between. Horror is a genre I take seriously and love and I have what I consider high standards for what I watch and consider a good movie.

Every Halloween I take a half day off work and go home to watch movies and hand out candy. I pick 3 movies to watch each year. Movies of the past have been Tourist Trap, The Omen, Burnt Offerings, The Shining, Friday the 13th, Amityville Horror (remake as it's actually well done and in this instance production capability improved things greatly).

This years movies are Halloween the original from 1978, Halloween II and then H20. Common theme here is Jamie Lee Curtis as I think these are the best ones. H20 is the more "recent" one from 98 and I think it's an awesome movie.

Last edited:

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Scary movies, classic movies, cartoon or funny movies?
I guess a classic could be any of the above, so I'm allowing two choices on this poll.

Phil and I usually watch Young Frankenstein
An all time favorite of mine also. It'll be on tonight while we wait for the 2 trick or treaters to show up.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Young Frankenstein
Quite possibly the best comedy EVAH! There are ones that made me laugh more but YF is just about perfect.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
actually the best comedy EVAH! is Blazing Saddles but I won't quibble over Mel Brooks
It's close but still, YF tickles my funny bone more than BS. BS is still pretty dang funny. Can I even say that now? Does that make me a bad person?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online