• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Group lessons for kids

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
Hi everybody I am planning on enrolling my 2 minions ( 9 and 6) in a series of lessons at the a local ant east of Toronto and was wondering what question I should be asking at the ski school?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do they have a race program? It is a great place to start to learn discipline, tecnique and comrodery.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Actually what do you what your kids to be able to do? And what can they do now? All of the hills around GTA and east are CSIA snow schools. So they are all teaching the same methodology. One of the best is west of GTA at Milton!

TS
R

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
Yes i was looking at the brimacombe ski school. The youngest has only skied twice including a lesson where she grasped the concepts but did not have the strength to execute them. She could run a flat ski do the pizza and fries but did not have the strength or size to use her edges. My son is at the inbetween stages of the wedge and parallel and can ski any run at the local hill but can be timid sometimes.

I would just like them to be more comfortable on there skiis

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Get them into the weekly lesson program. At registration mention that the younger has only been out twice. Mention if she did or didn't use the tow or chair lift. She's not a rank beginner, but only one step up. The older one would be intermediate. Mention where he is technique wise. In both cases mention what result you're looking for. I think open house is soon. This would be the kind of information I would want as an instructor. (I'm CSIA 2)

TS
R

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the info. Exactly what i was looking for. Now we just need snow

WheatKing

Ice coast carveaholic
Skier
I skied there a few times last winter because my folks live just down the road.. I was impressed by the kids there and their skiing ability. Their ski school must be doing something right.

TS
R

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
I am good thanks for the info. Will be signing them both up in the next week or two

TS
R

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
Kids all signed up and looking forward to it. Oldest lucked out as his school started a ski club and will be getting a group lesson everytime they go out. The best part is i get to be a parent volunteer and go skiing with them

TS
R

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
First day was a success. They both enjoyed there lessons. Probably helped that we skied the day before.

Sponsor

Staff online