• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Greetings from Bend, OR

Glenn Pacifico

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
First got on the planks back in the early 80's Vermont as a kid, spent four very cold seasons skiing, then did not ski for 25 years until a chance ski trip to Utah back in 2011. One day on the snow and I was an addict. Yearly trips out West until I could convince my wife to move, and now here we are in Oregon with one full Bachelor season under my belt. Excited to get on my new Mantras this season and do a little touring as well. Send me a message if you ever want to do some turns at Bach...

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Welcome, Glenn! I have been in Portland for 3 years, but will get my first full season this year. I will ski Bachelor more than Mt Hood. Maybe I'll see you and the Mrs. there this season.

TS
Glenn Pacifico

Glenn Pacifico

Skier
Welcome, Glenn! I have been in Portland for 3 years, but will get my first full season this year. I will ski Bachelor more than Mt Hood. Maybe I'll see you and the Mrs. there this season.
That sounds great Vickie, hope to see you one day on the snow.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

No promises, but I'm hoping to convince sweet Mrs Mendieta (who doesn't ski) to take a trip to Oregon this summer, and do a little Mt Hood (it does stay open, even if it's 'summer conditions', right?) Summer is a long torture without snow.

:wag:

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Mt Hood (it does stay open, even if it's 'summer conditions', right?)
I think they may have a short break in August or September. Not sure since I didn't like them enough to even follow them in winter. I know ... heresy. Maybe we'll reacquaint in the future and it or I will have a better attitude.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I think they may have a short break in August or September. Not sure since I didn't like them enough to even follow them in winter. I know ... heresy. Maybe we'll reacquaint in the future and it or I will have a better attitude.

Well, might be a place that your don't look into using in the winter, but maybe an early July ski clinic or something? I would LOVE that (again, with the proper marital approvals, etc). :D

Mike M

Skier
Hi Glenn,

We recently moved to Bend as well and have secured our Bachelor passes. Would love to meet up sometime.

Sponsor