• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Granby Ranch Close to Being Seized (Title Updated)

Magi

Instructor
Instructor
Article updated ~the minute after COskigirl posted said:
Update 10:30 a.m.

Granby Ranch CFO Dustin Lombard just now presented a check to county officials to cover its delinquent tax obligation. The property has now been returned to Granby Ranch’s ownership.

And apparently they ran a check down.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Oy. Can’t be a good sign though. These don’t go that far through a seizure process because someone forgot to mail a check.
and mega ski resorts don't get picked up on the cheap because someone put a critical lease in their drawer and then got sacked and no-one thought to look for it....

oh wait.

Just saying ski resorts aren't necessarily at the pinnacle of great admin practices.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
It was a misunderstanding according to the CEO.

I skied there on a Saturday night in Feb. 2006 when it was called Solvista. We were staying in condos at bottom of the hill and it was free so I did 5 laps. Lit runs were not that exciting so I tried a couple that were only indirectly lit.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
and mega ski resorts don't get picked up on the cheap because someone put a critical lease in their drawer and then got sacked and no-one thought to look for it....

oh wait.

Just saying ski resorts aren't necessarily at the pinnacle of great admin practices.

It was a misunderstanding according to the CEO.

I skied there on a Saturday night in Feb. 2006 when it was called Solvista. We were staying in condos at bottom of the hill and it was free so I did 5 laps. Lit runs were not that exciting so I tried a couple that were only indirectly lit.

The article states that they still haven't paid real property taxes in 2 years.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Story makes me feel better .. I'll guess they make their money off the gravel pit :roflmao:

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I think there’s an opportunity here for a HGTV show, like a ski area version of House Hunters or fix ‘n flip.

They could call it Colorado Flip and Move. Business would be a lot better if they moved the place closer to I70. Gonna need some jumbo I-beams tho...

Sponsor

Staff online