• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good ski shops/sales in Salt Lake City

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
After 50+ years of skiing I am still not very savvy about selecting soft goods for skiing, such as jackets, pants, or even ski boots for that matter and have a lame question. I'll be out in Salt Lake City during the second half of this winter and I don't know it too well. Can anyone suggest a couple of ski stores in that area for good selection and prices on ski outerwear, esp. jackets? I know a lot of folks purchase ski clothing off the internet, but I kind of like to try things on before purchasing. Also, any notable ski gear sales in the spring in Utah?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Amersports outlet in Ogden has Arc'Teryx and Salomon apparel, GREAT deals typically. (As in, less than 50% retail typically.)

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, maybe a Road Trip is in orderogwink

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Level 9 sports and Backcountry both have B&M stores in SLC area. Also REI off of 10600 S and other ski shop retailers near the mouths of BCC, LCC and up in PC of course.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Soft goods - Cole sports in Park City.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Timing wise, hit the park city shop after PC & DV closed for the season. Both are scheduled to close on 4/7/2019. The bird will still be open.
The PC shops will dump their stuff once both mountains are closed for the season. Get there early, stuff goes fast.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Huge BC fan as an internet store....Soo glad I don't easy access to B&M.
Just imagine being able to walk in, select 15 items from their website, have them brought out for you to try on. It's a great way to try a variety of brands on at one time. But, it's a bit like Costco, you can't leave without spending at LEAST $100!

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Just imagine being able to walk in, select 15 items from their website, have them brought out for you to try on. It's a great way to try a variety of brands on at one time. But, it's a bit like Costco, you can't leave without spending at LEAST $100!
I've never gotten out of Costco for under $500...

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
Jans at Park City on Park Av just down from the Doubletree hotel is very good - boots and fitting (and zipfit liners), softgoods/clothing, (demo) skis including Kastle and Stockli (end of seasons bargains to be had... got my ex demo MX89s there) - and across the road from them is a Cole Sports which is also a wide range... so expect major credit card damage overall if you visit around there.

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
Jans at Park City on Park Av just down from the Doubletree hotel is very good - boots and fitting (and zipfit liners), softgoods/clothing, (demo) skis including Kastle and Stockli (end of seasons bargains to be had... got my ex demo MX89s there) - and across the road from them is a Cole Sports which is also a wide range... so expect major credit card damage overall if you visit around there.

Good to know about Jans. Planning to visit them this weekend for boot fitting (Fisher).

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've gotten really good stuff from the bargain bins and sales racks at the Lifthouse, which is conveniently located at the Big Cottonwood entrance.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Vince hadn't already checked out these places for you Jim?

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Vince buys a lot of stuff online and gets pro deals.

Thanks to all for input.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January