• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FS: Nordica Firearrow 84 EDT EVO, 176cm, SOLD.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
OK, here's a great opportunity to pick up a GREAT ski.

176cm Nordica Firearrow 84 EDT EVO. I'm not sure what more can be said about this ski. It's one of the best frontside carvers on the planet, with a dose of versatility. The build quality is tremendous, and it comes with a 4-12 DIN system binding that many pros {PhilPug, and others} think is one of the best built. The typical MAP is $1300.

128-84-112, 18M radius. Top end core and laminate construction. Heck of a ski.

Our son convinced me to buy these as a gift for our daughter, who's a "retired" NCAA/NorAm racer. He's a full time coach, and he felt that she would love this as a hard snow ski.

The skis have been set-up and prepped by a real pro-shop…..the same guys who are setting up skis for even USST athletes {true dat}. They have a 1/3 tune, perfect base structure, the sidewalls have been pulled and shaped, and the bases are loaded with wax. Hot boxed, then waxed and brushed, etc. My local shop charges close to $200 for this kind of prep.

It's the wrong length for our daughter. She's 5'4" and about 135 lbs. She thought it was just an incredible ski, which carved rail to rail as well if not better than her WC stock race GS skis. She also could sense that it's got some versatility to it. BUT, at her size, she felt that she had to be right on it, all the time…..and frankly having spent something like 17 years racing and training, she's really into a quiver of slightly more relaxed skis. She has tried the 168cm, and just didn't love it.

So…….they have been SKIED ONE DAY. EIGHT RUNS at Copper on groomers, making rail to rail turns of the same radius, at speed. Lots of snow, last February. That's it. She's decided to sell, and asked me to post.

She has her eyes on some other skis, and wants to sell these fairly and quickly. The skis are located with her brother, and pickup is easy in either Summit or Eagle County, CO…..and can probably be worked out in Denver.

$675.

Obviously we can also ship to you. We've sold a lot of skis over the years, and the cost of shipping, as most know is up, and can be confusing. If we ship, we won't charge an extra dime, but it would be good to PM back and forth to be able to get a rough feel for this, based on your location. If you have a corporate account, and want to send a mail label, we can make that all work. No problems….we can figure it out, and best options.

Great skis, incredibly well prepped, and just perfect……better than new. Took pics yesterday…need to figure out how to post them. Having problems. Embarrassed to say pics are up at the old place. I'll get them up here ASAP

In the meantime, message me with an email address, and I'll email them to you…..or check Ep#c. Thanks!!

Last edited:
TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Black Friday Discount Bump!! In reaction to the few hundred texts and emails of the day clogging up my phone!

$650.

This new community is surprising me, as these are a deal. A REAL deal. Great ski, wrong size for the owner as explained ^^^^^.

PM me with questions.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
NOBODY??? These are PERFECT. SKIED ONE DAY. I'm amazed that nobody here's been interested.

Extending the BF sale! $650….

Message me with any questions, please. Can't fund her next skis until we sell these. Thanks, Pugs!!

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How stiff are those buggers?

My 84 mm 18 radius 175 cm ski is a bit shot--- old Atomic Metron EX's. I have pure carvers, I need a carver/ rime basher/ better in powder patches than a pure ice carver ski. Looking for a Kastle mx 88, but would like your opinion on those. I'm not that much heavier than the old rubber-legged college racer I was, and certainly no stronger.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Hi Newf,

The reason that they are for sale is that our daughter felt that they were pretty one dimensional, and that in that length, she needed to be right on top of them all the time at her size. She felt they performed incredibly well for their intended purpose. To her they skied a lot like GS ski, a wide GS ski. Great turn initiation, incredible edge hold, solid, damp….the works. The ski is designed by the guy who Nordica/Blizzard hired to revamp their race skis a few years ago. She, and I are clearly between sizes in the ski. I'm about 200 lbs these days, and aging reasonably well? This might be a good ski for me in a 180cm. I found the 184cm to be a lot of ski. She thought the 176cm was the same for her at 135lbs. And she wasn't loving the next size down, which is maybe a 168cm? For her size, a 172cm-ish might be right.

Her one comment to me was that they were a carving machine, and it was like a Metronome, making dozens and dozens of identical carved turns…..which post race days she has zero interest in doing. None. Just not how she skis, and nor how her "crew" skis. She tends to do a bit of everything. He brother had thought this would be a great old snow ski for her in CO. Probably is, but not where she skis. She's all over the place…..not living on cruisers and groomers.

I have only skied this ski once, in the 184cm, and it was on hard "snow"…..Sugarloaf, in January hard. It hasn't changed that much! The ski was pretty much incredible, and probably the most stable thing I had been on in a while. At that length, I had a hard time working it into any different turn shape. But going rail to rail, it was a blast. I know a couple of guys who think the ski is just fine in 4-6" of fresh, but I wouldn't pull it in a soft snow day as my first choice. I hate bumps, particularly rock hard ones. I suspect that while many would say it's no bump ski, a skilled pilot could make it work….and would agree that it's not the best. It's also not, IMO, going to be a great ski in tight spots.

So, yeah, folks, that's my second hand opinion, and my opinion based on about 10 long runs on a 184cm. For a hard snow, medium radius carver, at high speeds, I'd put this up against any ski out there. Any of them. Can't imagine a more rock solid ride, and edge hold. Great feedback, great ski.

I have a friend who lives in Ketchum, and skis Sun Valley. He's a very good skier, older ex-racer in good shape. He LOVES this ski, in this 176cm length. He's about 170lbs.

Doing an amazingly bad job of selling you these skis. HaHa!

For you Puggies, Newfy and I have known each other for more than 40 years……scary.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
I have only skied this ski once, in the 184cm, and it was on hard "snow"

You need to ski the 176, period, end of discussion. Ptex1 outweighs you and skis the 176cm and has no problems. I'm ~147, 5'7" and can ski the 176, but its more work than I care to do so I own the 168 and I love it.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
I agree that would be the size for me, but I'm selling them, for my daughter. I don't need them! I know they're a great ski, but I have a VERY full ski room, and I'm all set, with one potential wider acquisition that wouldn't be a carver. Have plenty of carvers. IMO, the 184cm is just not as great a ski as the 176cm. As you pro's well know, not every length in a specific ski skis the same, and often it's the longest that suffers {or the shortest!}. Need to turn these into cash proceeds for my daughter…..and not from my cash!!

Somebody has to want these. They are great skis!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@newfydog

Newfy/Muleski I have skied these in 176 and it may be quite close to what you are looking for Newf. I had no issues with it at 5'8" 165#, (I would have actually loved to get on the 184 but that's just me!). As has been said, you can rail it like a good slightly wider GS ski but it has more heft to break through crud better without the same fore/aft balance that you need to use bashing thru crud on a GS ski. Great edge hold as would be expected and, in the 176, a bit stiffer tip than my usual 188/30 GS, which also helps with the crud busting. A bit more solid than finesse but, thankfully, none of that frustrating (well at least for me) tip uncertainty/vibration/feels like washout that most of the current crop with tip rise exhibit. Even on the much lauded Bonafide, which I actually own, i still never quite feel that I can truly commit to the front of the ski like i can on a race ski. I know this is more in my head than reality but that is just me. Takes me back to some of the "banana board" tips we turned out occasionally at Vielhaber in the 70s,

And, dont tell anyone to hide my shame, but I also owned the metron EX back in the day. While the FA is light years ahead, in some ways it is reminiscent of the EX in that it is going to be a solid charger that can be deployed in a decent range of conditions.

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
[ none of that frustrating (well at least for me) tip uncertainty/vibration/feels like washout that most of the current crop with tip rise exhibit. Even on the much lauded Bonafide, which I actually own, i still never quite feel that I can truly commit to the front of the ski like i can on a race ski. I know this is more in my head than reality but that is just me. .

Not just you. I hate that feel. Skis need to respond to some shin pressure, damn it. Ok, Do you they weigh a ton? It seems the heavier the better. I'm not an immovable object, so I do better on skis that are. Those Metron EX's were not like the rest of the line, in that they did not have that Metron "oooh- ooh slalom sidecut" thrill and actually have been good skis to bash the crud up top and arc the groomers below. And besides, my fore/aft balance sucks so I do well on a ski that launches into a trajectory and sticks with it.

Let me think about them a bit more. I've got skis to arc the groomers, I just need something wider to get from top to bottom with turns that feel like the ski is carving it up, even if it is a bit ugly up top.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not just you. I hate that feel. Skis need to respond to some shin pressure, damn it. Ok, Do you they weigh a ton? It seems the heavier the better. I'm not an immovable object, so I do better on skis that are. Those Metron EX's were not like the rest of the line, in that they did not have that Metron "oooh- ooh slalom sidecut" thrill and actually have been good skis to bash the crud up top and arc the groomers below. And besides, my fore/aft balance sucks so I do well on a ski that launches into a trajectory and sticks with it.

Let me think about them a bit more. I've got skis to arc the groomers, I just need something wider to get from top to bottom with turns that feel like the ski is carving it up, even if it is a bit ugly up top.

:) Good to hear i am not alone! I made the error of getting the EX in 165 (i was pretty naive at the time and listened to some of the nonsense that you needed to be 6'13' and built like a linebacker to ski the 175 - well, partly that and by the time I pulled the trigger on the super STP deal they had sold out of the 175!) . And yes, it was a good medium radius but at 165 i was still skidding it more than I liked so it was moved on.

Sounds like we similar traits, I suspect this would work pretty well for what you need. Blizzard/Nordica race room stuff (and the FA shares the design DNA) is top class stuff

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Need we say, Newfy, that was when big hair was truly in. That's not a helmet, but clearly a helmet head. And those were not my GS skis. I think I had some sweet lime green 212cm Formidable's at that point. Just like Gustavo Thoeni's. Sort of.

I also note that a number of the more studious guys skipped the picture….to be in class. No memories for those guys! Then again NL, next to me was something like #5 in our class.

Here's hoping that none of those bids on those fake, knock-off FA EDT's on EBay fail to come through! The 2013 Mule captain needs the funds. Buy these skis….

Cheers,
SWH

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Need we say, Newfy, that was when big hair was truly in. That's not a helmet, but clearly a helmet head. And those were not my GS skis. I think I had some sweet lime green 212cm Formidable's at that point. Just like Gustavo Thoeni's. Sort of.

I also note that a number of the more studious guys skipped the picture….to be in class. No memories for those guys! Then again NL, next to me was something like #5 in our class.

Here's hoping that none of those bids on those fake, knock-off FA EDT's on EBay fail to come through! The 2013 Mule captain needs the funds. Buy these skis….

Cheers,
SWH

That is some hair! :) All that is missing is the Afghan coat....:rolleyes:

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Barbers ate into the limited beer fund in those days. Probably have the coat in a closet somewhere!

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bump for this post.. I ended up getting a good price on a used Kastle MX88, which hopefully fits my needs well. If I wanted more of a hard snow ski I'd be all over these....Note to you New Englanders- It will snow soon, and it will compact to something harder 'n hell. Buy these skis, you'll be glad you did.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
BUMP, and aggressive PRICE CUT. $600. Will also ship anywhere in the Con US for $60, or less. No more than $60, if the actual price is less, that's what you'll pay. They'll be shipped the right way.

At this time of year, it will almost certainly be more, and we'll "eat" the difference. The skis are in Eagle County, CO, and we can work out pickup and drop off between there and Denver.

This is, IMO, an insanely good deal. We all know the ski. We all know the price. I have tried to explain that the skis have been prepped by a tech who largely does national team work. There's probably $150 of labor an d materials in the prep work. I'm not sure if more than a handful of folks have their skis prepped like this. PM and I can give you details. Skied 8 runs, these are going to be the best available in North America, and I would guess the world. PERFECT.

This really has me scratching my head. Great ski, the most popular size, and given the condition and prep, by far the best price I've ever seen. I "get" that we're a small community here, but no interest at the old place either. I told my daughter that we'd sell these "immediately" at $700. Ha! I though that was a giveaway price.

Nope, they are Kastle's, or Stockli's for you brand name followers. They are likely the best be signed and built ski for what they do. These have a great build quality, and the best in materials, hence the $1500 MRSP, and $1300 MAP.

She wants them gone. If nobody here or on Epic wants them, I hate to do it, but they'll go to Ebay, and to Craigslist in CO and in New England. That would be a shame. Somebody here, I had thought, would want them.

PM me with any questions, more details, etc.

Thanks!!

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
SOLD!!! Picked up by the new owner tonight in Eagle County, and headed to a great new home in WY, at the home of The Big Red Box! Buyer found them on "the old place." I told him to check in here. Seems like a nice young guy. He's psyched about the skis at this price.

I'm waiting for our son and his GF to make a decision to sell an identical pair, skied about 20-25 light days {she's a coach}. Same exact story. She was an exceptional racer, great skier, but at almost the same size as out daughter, the 176cm isn't the right size for her. And she doesn't need this type of ski in her arsenal, in a long length. I'm waiting for details on the price, pics, etc. I hear they're in great shape. Our son {also a coach} is a very good tuner, and they also have a shop of tech's to set up and work on their stuff. They'll be a very good deal. More to follow. Sounds like she's deciding to sell them.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
SOLD! Yay!! Great ski for sure.

Sponsor