• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Found These Retros at a Thrift Store

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Looks like M51 demos on the white The Ski...No want, you are welcome to them. The Tyrolias are on the Dynamics.
I was talking about the VR 17's but the reply quote did not work. I must have done something wrong when typing. Just trying to keep the retro look of the VR 17's and not interested in "The Ski" they are all yours Phil.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
must be a later model VR17. The "real" ones had yellow lettering IIRC..
Not uncommon for a manufacturer to ride on the success of a particular model and turn it onto a series, thanks to @Dave Petersen here is an image from the All Things Dynamic thread....

image-jpeg.10167

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
In the photo I see a pair of Rossi's deep in the back of the group. They look like a Rossi ROC and looking at the size they may be a Jr. ski. Did you get a good look at those?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Joal probably already called them to have The Ski Shadow shipped to him.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well, Mack is also a hunter of such things. I don't care which of you gets them. I really would like to see better photos of them though. A real unicorn the likes of which I have never heard of. I just made up the name "Shadow" because they are black and white with such subtle graphics.

TS
Idahosnow

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Here are the bases on The Skis. They have what I think is sage laminated into them. Really cool!
IMG_0567.JPG

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Found these today. There was a full display box of them.
20170214_204406.jpg

TS
Idahosnow

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Found a couple more items in a second hand sport store, but they were decoration and not for sale. The white skis were unmounted. Seemed really short.
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^Owner's personal stash. Those are The Ski Puppets, their ballet ski.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Saw this sweet 90s vibe HH jacket, new with tags for $22. Come to Durham and it's yours!

1691179467906.png

I grabbed a pair of pants that fits me well.. $12 also new with tags but those are just ARcTix or whatever that knock off brand is..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
These 80mm 1080s are STILL my daily driver at the little hill place. Probably 15 days on them in the past 5 years since I scored them for... $9.99 with the Pivots. The price is still sharpie'd on the tip.

Ski Sally 1080.jpg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These 80mm 1080s are STILL my daily driver at the little hill place. Probably 15 days on them in the past 5 years since I scored them for... $9.99 with the Pivots. The price is still sharpie'd on the tip.

View attachment 222624
Ha, maybe those were mine. I gave mine to a friend who moved to North Carolina. :) Mine were great skis, really fun.

Sponsor

Staff online