• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Foolin' around in Frisco! Looking for advice...

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Puggers,

I was able to squirrel a way a quick trip for me an Son #2 (age 13). We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn in Frisco, Co from Wednesday Evening March 16 to Sunday March 20th. Looking to ski the 17th to the 20th. I've been to greater summit/ eagle only once before for a week.

My Plan right now is 2 days Copper and 2 days Loveland (the weekend at Loveland…figuring smaller crowds and gong against th eI-70 flow from Frisco, right?).

I might throw A Basin in one of those days as well.

I've skied Copper once, and Vail ad Breck and Abasin….

I'm looking for bang for buck, crowd control and good skiing. Saving a buck or two doesn't hurt either ( a little liftopian never hurts).

Any advice, thoughts about the best way to spend 4 days with the boy (2 weekdays to weekends days…)?

How come all the good breakfast places open so late in Frisco?

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you know about the BOGO Copper tickets?
http://skifreedeals.com/ski-resorts-colorado.html

I'm not sure what the window price is at Copper, but I heard the BOGO deal is a little cheaper than the Friends and Family tickets for $79.

It's a good idea to stick to Copper if you hit stormy days. Loveland and A-basin are mostly above treeline, so better to go there when the visibility is good.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Pho at the hotel is pretty good. If you are car guys, keep your camera ready, tehre are always test cars and prototypes up and down Dillon Dam in the mornings. Arapahoe Cafe for happy hour. I should be skiing Breck on 3/18 with @Gaby and @Luvbug

King Of Cooper

Getting on the lift
Skier
Whole Foods in Frisco has a very Nice Hot Food Bar, $9.99 a LB.
Send the Queen there twice a week, for Breakfast on the Go, Boom Boom Shrimp is the Bomb!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Crowds will depend a lot on the snow conditions. If it is a powder day you can expect ALL of the Epic Pass resorts to be packed or the one who got the most snow specially if the others got little (happens often). Loveland can get crowded as well but most times it isn't. Copper also can get some crowds but not nearly as much as the Epic Pass resorts. So on a Powder day my pick would be Copper if all places in the area got snow. Loveland is also a good choice but lifts are slow (though not that long) so even if it is just a bit crowded you get less skiing in but in the right conditions it is spectacular. Also Parking is Free and Food is cheap.

A Basin is best on bluebird days with little wind. If it is windy and visibility is low you just can't enjoy all it has to offer. Wind can be BRUTAL on any exposed terrain above mid mountain. Same thing with Loveland and Breck.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like eating in the bar at the 5th Ave Grille. Silverthorne Rec Center is really beautiful and a day pass is pretty cheap. Sauna, hot tub, pool, masses of equipment. If there's snow left, you could snowshoe at the Nordic center. a drive around the reservoir for sure as Swan Mountain road is really beautiful. +1 on Whole Foods, and there's a Mexican restaurant near the WF that has decent green chile, for Colorado :duck:

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
When we had friends that had a place in Frisco - Butterhorn was where we went. In fact, we always stop there on the way to Vail for lunch now - assuming flight is on time

Sponsor

Staff online