• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Foodies

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They have good soup too!
I'm a big fan of the of the soups at Jacks and the soups/salads at Black Mountain Lodge. I'm a big fan of soup.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The food at the top of Ajax (Aspen) is excellent. At least the hand-tossed pizza I had was, and the rest looked great.
I'm not a big believer in fancy salts, but the pink artisanal stuff adds a classy touch.
View media item 65

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Copper has a new organic deli in Jack's (at least I think it's new). I had a great turkey and pear with pumpkin aioli on rye and a side pasta salad yesterday. They had other great looking sandwiches and wraps as well.

Did you happen to notice if they have gluten free bread?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I ate at Soupa in Squaw when I worked there, but my favorite by and far was one of the private lodges at Beaver Creek (cant remember which one, we got to go with a friend). Also ate at an incredible deli at the base of Dear Valley, but that was in the fall.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We have had some of our best lunches at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler while in our ski boots.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree that the food at Deer Valley is very good, but ... I just don't get the rave reviews. Maybe it's the hunger factor. Maybe the crowds and uncomfortable seating takes away from the experience for me. I also heard about the luxury level, but again Snowbasin was hands down the more luxurious of the two resorts. Of course, I am not referencing the on mountain housing of Deer Valley.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has Squaw gotten better? My favorite places there are not run by Squaw.
I really like Wildflour. I loved it that they gave us a deal and we were able to drive some traffic to them when we had the GTG there.
Is there anywhere else in the village you like to eat?

TS
Jasmine

Jasmine

My mom says I'm a level 7
Skier
I really like Wildflour. I loved it that they gave us a deal and we were able to drive some traffic to them when we had the GTG there.
Is there anywhere else in the village you like to eat?

Wildflour has the most amazing gluten free peanut butter cookies. I ate them even when I wasn't actively looking for gluten free options because they are so yummy. Their bagel breakfast sandwiches are really large and of course their pizza bagels are their most famous fare (not gluten free). Plus, Susan the owner is awesome and it is nice to support a non-corporate business.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Black Mountain Lodge at A Basin is awesome. I love the whole pig with ski goggles at the food counter. Some real swine dining.

Incline at Copper is probably my favorite place to eat in the village. I like just about everything on the menu, especially the duck bacon BLTA on the lunch menu, the wings on the bar menu, and the Colorado lamb burger on the dinner menu. Great food, good service, fair prices, and an excellent drink selection. Can't ask for much more at a ski resort.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'd rather eat broken glass than sushi..so that's a no for me. :D
We have some good AYCE Sushi places in Reno...Skiing the the AM, Sushi for late lunch in Reno. Yum yum.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
It has been over ten years ago, but I remember an absolutely fantastic little (probably not more than 60 seats) italian restaurant in Reno. The chef/owner had been an exec chef at one of the big hotels, if I remember correctly.
That was fantastic!

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
@Peter and I found a great place to eat at Canyons on one of our road trips with @Philpug and @Tricia last winter. It was a place that served a wonderful seared ahi salad that was to die for. Some ski resorts are known for their terrible food options (Squaw was like this for many years but recently has gotten better). Saw the article below today and was wondering wanting the membership to weigh in on their favorite places to eat at resorts and why.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/20/sport/ski-resort-restaurants-cuisine/

Canyons had great food due to Jack Bistricer hiring a great chef and spending the money to do it right throughout the entire mountain. Well, he ran out of money. Now Vail runs the operation and it is merged into PCMR. PCMR was always way behind Canyons and Deer Valley for on-mountain food quality. Will the quality in food decline even through Vail's standards are pretty good? I'll let you know in a few months.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It has been over ten years ago, but I remember an absolutely fantastic little (probably not more than 60 seats) italian restaurant in Reno. The chef/owner had been an exec chef at one of the big hotels, if I remember correctly.
That was fantastic!

There are a couple of Italian places here in Reno nut have been to very few. I am a pretty good cook so we only eat out what I don't make at home, sushi, Chinese and Pho. We do have a good pizza place that makes a great NY pie, he also makes a real good marsala which he gave me which wine to use.

Xela

On the way to Squaw
Skier
+1 on Soupa, and of course Wildflour. At Squaw, I'm also partial to Mamasake ($$) and Fireside Pizza ain't too bad. I've heard the cantina isn't bad. Basically, no good options above the base area. Usually I eat lunch from a ziplock on the lift, though.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January