• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Foodies

Jasmine

My mom says I'm a level 7
Skier
@Peter and I found a great place to eat at Canyons on one of our road trips with @Philpug and @Tricia last winter. It was a place that served a wonderful seared ahi salad that was to die for. Some ski resorts are known for their terrible food options (Squaw was like this for many years but recently has gotten better). Saw the article below today and was wondering wanting the membership to weigh in on their favorite places to eat at resorts and why.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/20/sport/ski-resort-restaurants-cuisine/

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As for on mountain restaurants, I've always liked Snowbasin, but I feel that it is not as good as it used to be. Black Mountain Lodge at ABasin is good. Collins Grill at Alta was good, but its been awhile since I've been there. As mentioned in that article, the restaurants in Zermatt were pretty amazing.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Copper has a nice curry dish at Jack's. The 10th at Vail has an amazing chicken and pheasant pot pie. I had the best pizza of my life at La Chaumiere at Courmayeur In Italy.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowbasin definitely has gone downhill (no pun intended.) Their soups are still a fav of mine, though.
Mammoth has pretty great food at Main Lodge (well, last time I skied there in 2014 they did.) Great vegetarian options (think curries, quinoa salads, etc.) along with the usual greasy pizza and burgers.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Round House restaurant on top of the gondola at Sun Valley. Simply amazing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Chili and Sea Bass combo is always a good option.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the food at Snowbasin is very good and I am also quite partial to their soups. Locally, Snow Summit has the BEST fresh fish and chips I have ever had. This is quite funny since I live at the beach but eat fish and chips in the mountains!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I discovered mac and cheese with bacon in Telluride. How could I have not known about this?!? :huh: On another note, heading to a fancy dinner on Monday night and I'm zeroing in on some venison tartare. Who wants to take the tatare challenge with me!?!?! :D

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
No one has mentioned Deer Valley yet? That was my best ski lunch ever.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Deer Valley was our favorite until we visited Sun Valley couple seasons back.
DV is heads and shoulder above most everyone else. One of the places we usually look forward to skiing (and eating). Food is really good and the skiing is way under rated. The Daly chutes are pretty decent - more fun than Jupiter and Ninety-Nine 90.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Deer Valley was our favorite until we visited Sun Valley couple seasons back.
DV is heads and shoulder above most everyone else. One of the places we usually look forward to skiing (and eating). Food is really good and the skiing is way under rated. The Daly chutes are pretty decent - more fun than Jupiter and Ninety-Nine 90.
Since I now live about an hour from DV, and after having mountain biked there this summer so I could see the layout, I am jonesing to ski there. Because I AM that skier who still loves smooth groomers because I'm finally actually quite good at skiing them! (Working on the off-piste stuff more and more, because hey, I'm in UT now and it's a whole different type of snow here than the Sierras!)

Sun Valley is part of my Snowbasin premier pass. Not sure if we'll be able to take advantage this winter or not. Definitely want to. The older I get, the more I truly enjoy and don't mind the extra bit of cost of a tasty on-hill meal.

I would expect that Powder Mountain's food offerings will continue to improve now that they're going away from their origins. Last season, I was quite impressed with the quality and selection there. Is it weird that I enjoy quality food in a grungy, classic old-school ski lodge environment?

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Is it just me, or do sushi and ski trips just seem to go together?
I've always loved group sushi dinners on ski trips, and there are plenty of good sushi joints in Colorado.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Copper has a new organic deli in Jack's (at least I think it's new). I had a great turkey and pear with pumpkin aioli on rye and a side pasta salad yesterday. They had other great looking sandwiches and wraps as well.

Sponsor

Staff online