• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fleece Arm Warmer Lovers Unite!

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You can have the sleeves be warmer than the torso.
You can double up on the sleeves without doubling the torso.
Too warm? Take them off without taking off the coat, stash them in a pocket.
And pit zips remain an effective temperature control. (One reason I like insulated jackets over shells: the pit zip bypasses a layer of insulation.)

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love vests because I like more layers on my core than on my arms.

No arm warmers for me thank you.

I agree with loving vests but I don't think that makes arm warmers a bad thing. I haven't used them skiing but I can see them being useful, especially on those days when you might want to start off with one more layer on your arms (along with your vest) but know that within a short period you won't need them. They'll take up a lot less room stashing in a pocket. I might give them a try in the spring.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The mismatched size issue is one of the problems I run into. A men's large fits my body fine but my sleeve length is a 35 so most men's large sleeves are short. The manufacturers that don't make a tall version I go to the XL but that is a little full in the body. The manufacturers that do make a tall version is what I have stayed with, having said that if a good sale is going on I will get the XL and just live with it.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Vest + arm warmers may be a good combination for cool weather golf. It wouldn't limit movement or add bulk where you don't want it.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Vest + arm warmers may be a good combination for cool weather golf. It wouldn't limit movement or add bulk where you don't want it.

Beyond chilly golf, that combination is particularly good for extremely wet cold under ordinarily-clammy waterproofs. Read: freezing rain skiing with a jacket like the polyurethane Showers Pass ones discussed here.

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here you go. This is my favorite combo because if you're not warm enough, add the Cousin Eddie Dickie. And that be real nice.
1643324922702.png
1643325003888.png

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I had to show my wife that one -> as we watched Christmas Vacation over the holidays :thumb:

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online