• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Favorite Bike Pump?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking for a dedicated bike pump for both Schrader and Presta valves......any Pug advice on their favorite bike pumps I should look for?

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like Topeak Joeblow floor pump. Easy to use and read the numbers. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm not that concerned about a few PSIs.

product-pumps-floor-pumps-joeblow-sport3-joeblow-sport-3-7eb6e085e345cfbde6cb103854d72051.jpg

iBiBRM97JhbRMjwF6

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
https://www.trekbicyclesuperstore.com/product/bontrager-tlr-flash-charger-floor-pump-221755-1.htm

can mount 95 percent of tubeless combo and is a damn fine pump other wise. also pump accuracy is irrelevant if you just base your PSI reading off the same pump whenever you ride. Beside MTBing is the only time a couple PSI may matter.

If your not running tubeless MTBing you are stuck 20 years ago.

I've played around with one of these in the bike shop, and they work well.

I've got a compressor in my garage, so just have the non-flash charger version of this pump, and it has been working well for several years.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah but you can put the charger in your car......I have a compressor in my garage as well.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I’ve been using a Silca Pista since the early 90’s. Parts are easy to get and they just last. Well worth the $$.

I also have a Blackburn track pump from the mid 90’s that’s still kicking. It’s starting to wear out, but it’s pumped up a lot of tires over the years. It still has residual Moab red dirt on it since it was our travel pump.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I’ve been using a Silca Pista since the early 90’s. Parts are easy to get and they just last. Well worth the $$.

I also have a Blackburn track pump from the mid 90’s that’s still kicking. It’s starting to wear out, but it’s pumped up a lot of tires over the years. It still has residual Moab red dirt on it since it was our travel pump.

Reactions: BC.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
like why?

There is no objective reason beside initial set up to run tubes? Hell once its set up you can even change tire faster.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
like why?

There is no objective reason beside initial set up to run tubes? Hell once its set up you can even change tire faster.

just been too busy riding this summer to give my bike to a shop for a week since i don't know how to set it up myself.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah maybe learn how to do it yourself.............IMO you should not have tubeless tires unless you know how it works and how you can fix it if something goes wrong.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah screwing on off usually lets air when you let off....

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Still running tubes here. Probably will until we buy new bikes. Unlikely to buy new bikes unless we go electric in our older age.

We have 2 floor pumps. 1 for each car. Different brands but don't ask me which. Both fit both kinds of valves. Both have gauges. Both work just fine.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I am guessing you like to complain about slippery roots and rocks are though right crank?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
LZY-760264-02_7ESilver_634x.jpg
I used to have a Zefal Husky, which I loved until my son appropriated it. He replaced it for me with this Lezyne Alloy pump. Nice pump, durable, has both presto and shraeder, Not a super high volume pump, but you can generate some high pressure

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
you cna do tubeless tires on any rim for the cost of inner tube and some sealant AKA less than 20 dollars. I get not wanting tubeless rims....but you can have all the benefits for 2 inner tubes(which you make into rim strips) and some sealant.

Sponsor