• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Experience with High Society skis?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Anyone skied these things? Facebook gave me an ad for them, and the discount prices are pretty compelling. I like the topsheets with the Colorado flag graphic, too. Of course I'm not shopping, but it got me curious, and I can't find that indy thread (didn't try super hard).

http://highsocietyfreeride.com/shop/peaks/skis/colorado-fx

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Never skied them, but I believe they come out of the Never Summer factory, so should feel somewhat similar to Icelantic, Fatypus, etc.
Thanks!

kickerfrank

Let's Talk Business
Manufacturer
Never skied them, but I believe they come out of the Never Summer factory, so should feel somewhat similar to Icelantic, Fatypus, etc.

Icelandic had gotten pretty big. Some of the companies have been pushed out of NeverSummer factory due to capacity constraints. I believe RMU has moved to a Canadian manufacturer. I'm not sure if HS is still with Never Summer.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Icelandic had gotten pretty big. Some of the companies have been pushed out of NeverSummer factory due to capacity constraints. I believe RMU has moved to a Canadian manufacturer. I'm not sure if HS is still with Never Summer.

RMU produces the vast majority of their skis in house in their Carbondale, CO factory. The Quebec factory that you're referring to does some of their overflow, but it's a small percentage. High Society still seems to put a lot of emphasis on "Made in USA", which leads me to believe it's still the NS factory.

kickerfrank

Let's Talk Business
Manufacturer
RMU produces the vast majority of their skis in house in their Carbondale, CO factory. The Quebec factory that you're referring to does some of their overflow, but it's a small percentage. High Society still seems to put a lot of emphasis on "Made in USA", which leads me to believe it's still the NS factory.

Thanks for the clarification.

This article was written last month.

http://www.summitdaily.com/news/19449591-113/the-myth-of-made-in-co-when-growth

This claims the majority of RMU's production comes from Canada.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
This claims the majority of RMU's production comes from Canada.

I believe that was only true at the start of the season. I know there are a few things that are easier for them to do in Quebec, but only specific skis like the Carbon Apostle. That article is good. Overall they're telling the correct story, but they missed a few details.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The P-tex sidewall usually is an indication that they come from NeverSummer.

Sponsor

Staff online