• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I would think that this would help them in a big way. I lived fairly close to them in the 1980s. I liked the area but it was almost as easy to get to the bigger ones. Now that traffic appears to be an issue on I-70 this expansion could be very good for local skiers. I moved from the Golden area to Seattle in 1991.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I'm not familiar with the new permit area, but 62 acres doesn't seem like enough to support a 6 spot lift. What Eldora really needs is more parking, and safety bars on all the lifts so that Mama isn't afraid to let my grandchildren ski there.

dm

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
I'm not familiar with the new permit area, but 62 acres doesn't seem like enough to support a 6 spot lift. What Eldora really needs is more parking, and safety bars on all the lifts so that Mama isn't afraid to let my grandchildren ski there.

dm

Here is a map of the expansion area. Located to upper left. Maybe 1000 vertical?
Eldora-plans-46.jpg

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
From that map it looks like the expansion is mostly on private land, and that it will be a pretty big new area with a southern exposure. Is that right?

dm

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It sounds like it will be a nice addition of an intermediate pod of terrain with 750 vertical feet, making an excellent next step for beginners and well suited to Eldora's core customers and demand. It would be a great place to take our kids on weekends we don't go to Copper if I could be assured they have a parking spot for us if we drive up.

Some details in this master plan I found. It's been hard to keep up with all the various proposal at Eldora. There have been a ton of revisions, I'm sure this is old:
https://skimap.org/data/508/1/1322376382.pdf

Please solve the parking problem this year! It's more critical that new terrain, but both would be nice!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agreed, parking is a severe issue. I have no idea what they can really do to solve it but if they really want to grow their customer base they must. I've been pondering whether there would be a way to have mandatory half day park, maybe in the North lot. If you enter in the morning you must be out by 12:30 and at 12:30 they start letting in new vehicles for the second half of the day. I know lots of people who only want to ski there for a few hours who this might work for but I can't quite wrap my head around logistics. Leave the main lot as the free for all it currently is. I don't know, just trying to be creative.

Sponsor

Staff online