• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
As the title says. The vast internet is void of information on this ski other than the crew over at SkiEssentials. Hoping to find someone that's spent more than a day or two on them. Haven't really heard great things about the Cassiar series in carbon, really curious if they're as soft and chattery as I've heard.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a quick demo for me, but the alchemist 82 was not too soft nor chattery. It's pretty much for someone who wants a narrow western resort ski that feels comfortable anywhere on the whole mountain from cruising to moguls to chutes in low tide conditions and also doesn't demand a gs race ski feel on the groomed. I think there are better skis for 11/10ths skiers and chargers. Which is why it was just a quick demo for me, but at times I wish I had found a pair, it's a really good all around ski when you don't have an agenda and are just exploring.

TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks tromano! Not so much on the east coast then? I'm a Maine resident so 99% of my trips are on hard pack. Soft days are rare, but they do happen! What you said lines right up with what I hear most people say, its a versatile & fun ski to explore the mountain on. The funny thing is that's almost exactly what has been said about the Wailer A100RP, and they're a totally different shape. A local guy talked me into picking up the Wailers but I couldn't help but wonder if the smaller waist Cassiar's would be a better fit out here.

Sponsor

Staff online