• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does The Size Of My Boyfriend's Skis Matter?

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
Choose any of these ways to look at it:
  • It's not the size of the ski in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the ski.
  • It's not the size of the ski, but the size of his heart that matters.
  • It's not the size of the ski, it's the motion in the ocean of snow.
  • It's not the size of the ski, but the magic in the wand.
But always remember that there are different rules of powder days!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well this explains the Blizzard Cochise.

I'm also reminded of what Richard Pryor had to say about this. He told a story about a guy threatening to leave his woman to find new...um... new strange. The woman replied if you had another 8 cm of ski you'd find new strange right here.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Lorenzzo :roflmao:

Skinny skis can leave big tracks

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Funny stuff......
In the literal question, speaking of ski ability, and skis....not other prowess and "equipment"...among my adult kids, zero chance of a serious relationship unless the other half can really ski. And ski well, anywhere. Just not happening. Skiing is a huge part of who they are, and neither has wanted a "ski project." My daughter tried once!
A number of years ago, our son had a ski date with a yoga model. He said she was bright, funny, beautiful, and proclaimed to ski well. Ahh...no. Went nowhere.
So my wife made the comment that it was fine, as he really needed to end up with somebody who understood him an shared the passion and lifestyle. Keep in mind, my wife has skied since age two.
His now long time GF is a tremendous person. She's the best. He adores her. And she was one of the very top junior racers in the country, as he was. He's on snow 250+ days a year. She gets it, and she loves to ski anything with him, whenever they can. Very cool relationship.
On some level, yeah, ski size matters. I avoid ALL other questions! They're healthy, happy adults!
Now I'm 60+ and one of my contemporaries has a new lady friend who can really ski well. She's 29. In her case, ski size might matter. But I can guarantee that the addresses of his ski houseS, and the size of his wallet matter more. My wife jokes that he's a lot taller when he's standing on his wallet!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Great that it worked out ...but....he has to miss that yoga model.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Not one bit. Current GF is the whole package. She is awesome, funny, smart, works real hard, and really is supportive of him. People love her. She is a tremendous skier, and a great athlete. And, yeah, she's very, very attractive. He has the better part of the deal! Though his sister says he's a great boyfriend. We'll see where it goes.

And, yes, they rip. And wouldn't be a couple of they didn't!

Has worked for 35 years for my wife, and me. We often joke about it. We're glad that we both agreed that out second house would be a ski house...not a bigger primary residence. That was 30 years ago. No chance of it working without being serious skiers. Of course when we were first together my short skis were 207cm!!!

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
My god girl, it is not the size of the ski's that matters! It is the proper use and manipulation of what he uses.............to ski. Cold frigid conditions, sweet fluffy powder, hot manky spring time snow or whatever. A skier can dive into a double black just as hard on 168's as 195's it is just a matter or attitude, knowledge and practice and don't forget the cooperation of the snow conditions.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Pete, you're sounding better already. All set to get back into the er... snow. :D

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Skis for anyone should be over head height except for SL skis.

I am 173cm and I ski 180cm to 186cm in the tree and bumps with out issue.

But do you wax, Josh?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Seriously, though, we all judge people in the lift line for their skis, don't we? ... It's not just me, right? Right?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not that shallow. I think. :D

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
are you sure they are really 168? He may be exaggerating......:popcorn:... (not that a guy would do that of course....:)

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Not one bit. Current GF is the whole package. She is awesome, funny, smart, works real hard, and really is supportive of him. People love her. She is a tremendous skier, and a great athlete. And, yeah, she's very, very attractive. He has the better part of the deal! Though his sister says he's a great boyfriend. We'll see where it goes.

And, yes, they rip. And wouldn't be a couple of they didn't!

DANGER! DANGER Will Robinson!!! (There are NO Unicorns in ski towns)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Seriously, though, we all judge people in the lift line for their skis, don't we? ... It's not just me, right? Right?
I'd say there is some judgment on what someone is clicked in to but just as much based on how they OWN it and rock them! His wife's in that other ski size thread right??

Backwards-Skis.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I definitely judge photographers partly on whether or not they include their shadow in the photo...
They probably uploaded it from their phone on the lift without taking the time to crop it. Would have been very easy to crop that out..

Sponsor

Staff online