• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Denver Metro people - question for you

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Let's say you had a pair of skis that needed to get a binding mount - you were flying in late AM/Lunch and wanted to ski the following day - where would you go? Kind of a "need you to drill while I wait" situation. I am willing to pay above the going rate, buy lunch, beer whatever. Kastle and Attacks, if it makes a difference, but assume most anyone would have the jig.

Thanks - normally not this time crunched.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does it have to be mounted in Denver? Where are you skiing? @Doug Briggs could help you in Breck, the shop at A-Basin has been very good. Gorsuch in Vail is top notch.

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Does it have to be mounted in Denver? Where are you skiing? @Doug Briggs could help you in Breck, the shop at A-Basin has been very good. Gorsuch in Vail is top notch.

Well, I was just trying to maximize time. Long story and a bit disjointed of a trip. I need to be back in Den after skiing for a work function in the evening and then headed back up for weekend. Wasn't planning on going as far as Vail to ski midweek. AB or Breck (maybe). Assume you ski them right after a mount but figured the glue might need to dry/cure. I've usually left overnigh, but that doesn't work this time.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I was just trying to maximize time. Long story and a bit disjointed of a trip. I need to be back in Den after skiing for a work function in the evening and then headed back up for weekend. Wasn't planning on going as far as Vail to ski midweek. AB or Breck (maybe)
I think it would be quicker to get it done on the hill or in a shop where they are expecting you.

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
^ figured I would prearrange any work - just to make sure the have a jig and don't mind doing it while I wait. Looking. For some shop recommendations

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Not Denver Metro person but I've used edge works on Broadway before. No idea if they'll do quick turnaround. Not a fan of Christy's except for the one shop at Copper.

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Edgeworks was on the radar, I'll look into Podium

Edit - had not even thought about leveraging binding mount and a Butterhorn visit. Perfect

ski-ra

Love them Steamboat trees!
Skier
There are so many places to get skis mounted in the Denver metro area and between here and the mountains that, to me, the challenge is picking one (OK most are outlets of the big-name ski shops that dominate the market, but you get my point...). I'm not in the ski business (and hence don't have the detailed insight into where the best techs work), but the average level of technical skill here seems higher than in most other populated areas of the country (i.e., I've lived in Denver for over 30 years, have had dozens of ski's mounted for me and can't recall but one--a tele setup done at a high-end backcountry shop--that went awry...which wasn't the case during the 20yrs. while I lived in the northeast). So I would just start calling around (other than to Sports Authority) and see who can meet your time schedule requirements, along with attesting to the fact that they have the right jig...though it wouldn't be a bad idea to call EdgeWorks first before you move on to, say, Christy's or CO Ski & Golf (the latter of which did a stone grind for me today while waiting at their Westminster store).

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Thanks everyone - pretty sure I have it sorted. Just wanted to see it there was anyone that was a) affiliated with a place and b) was trying to avoid the "leave them overnight" scenario. I know it's a routine deal, in fact, if I had the jigarex template,I'd just do it myself (which I prefer).

ZachK

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
If you're an REI member, you can call ahead and they'll have it done while you wait for $25.

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I am - thanks. Headed up the hill today (land late morning) so going to try Podium in Frisco. Assuming I make it through the junk show of I-70 :)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
If Podium doesn't work you can always try Precision Ski across the highway they are super helpful even if they don't have what you want.

James

Out There
Instructor
I am - thanks. Headed up the hill today (land late morning) so going to try Podium in Frisco. Assuming I make it through the junk show of I-70 :)
Podium is pretty helpful and you can talk with them if you have some special concerns. I had some boot lugs routed there in Feb.

Sponsor

Staff online