• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Deja Vu...Squamish Gondola Line Cut Again.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I find it a little strange that the RCMP have a cold case file when it seems likely that the perp is either a local or has ties to some locals. The fact that in 2 attacks on the lift, no one has been injured might mean the investigation is low priority for the RCMP.
Well, and it's the RCMP....

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Physically fit and knows the area well describes many of the Lower Mainland population recreating around Squamish. Someone knows or at least suspects who it is but is clearly keeping schtum. One wonders if the problem with the state of the art security system isn't that the perp was able to disable its primary power supply before starting.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
One wonders if the problem with the state of the art security system isn't that the perp was able to disable its primary power supply before starting.
That wouldn't be very state of the art if simply cutting the power would shut it off. :ogbiggrin:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
That wouldn't be very state of the art if simply cutting the power would shut it off. :ogbiggrin:
Well there is marketing state of the art and actual state of the art....The more tech you have the more things need to be powered of course...

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The article I believe states that they are suing the security company for basically lack of substantial performance. So yes, not very good tech..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The article I believe states that they are suing the security company for basically lack of substantial performance. So yes, not very good tech..

Between that and the Saint Piran lawsuit, I'm starting to wonder if we're entering a new era of product liability glasnost.

If yes, the corollary might be that it's not significantly worse tech than the rest of the market.

Sponsor

Staff online