• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Deer Valley's Six Mountains

allgash

Booting up
Skier
Good find! I love Deer Valley, it's a great resort. Some might be put off by the massive real estate development on the mountain, but I actually kind of like it because of how unusual it is. It's fun to cruise through the trails designed specifically for real estate (Jordanelle, Dew Drop, Silver Dollar, Sunrise) and comment on the houses. The food is stellar, and so is the skiing.

Some of my tips or fun finds:
  • The Silver Strike Express never seems to get the lines that the other Flagstaff lifts get. You can't access all of the trails from it, but when it gets crowded and you want to ski Flagstaff, consider using this lift
  • Same with the Sultan Express and Mayflower on Bald Mtn (and even the Wasatch Express most days), very little lines even when there are lines at the Sterling Express
  • Deer Valley has amazing tree skiing, some of the best in Utah, and it doesn't get tracked out as quickly as at other resorts
  • Some of the best tree skiing is off of Flagstaff in Ontario Bowl and between some of the trails, there's also great trees off the top of Balt Mtn and just below the Empire Bowl
  • Deer Valley directly abuts Park City Mountain Resort at the top of Empire. You can watch people hiking up the Jupiter Bowl from Empire
  • There's a Rossignol Demo Center at the bottom of Ruby Express. They do free 2-hour demos (2 hours per ski, you can try as many skis as you want). What a great way to try new skis, or try out a ski that fit's the day's conditions perfectly (powder, groomers, etc.)
  • There's a free bus that runs from Park City to the Deer Valley base. If you're staying in Park City, you basically don't need a car
  • A former presidential candidate, and possibly future senator, has a large ski in/out house right on one of the trails. It's easy to find more info here with Google, so I won't post details, but let's just say that there are lots of other interesting people who have homes on the mountain

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Shhhhh

We don’t want too many people to find out about it.

Remember, there is no snow there, it is on the wrong side of the mountain, Alta/Bird get the most and best snow. It is way too expensive.... I could go on, but you get the idea, not a good place at all
:nono:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January