• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Hahn No Stopping at the Top

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Two nice articles in today's New Mexican on famed Taos ski patroller and mountain guide Dave Hahn

Mountaineering legend Dave Hahn still seeks a test

No Stopping at the Top
And
Hahn is 'trying to be satisfied' with Everest exploits...

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
“Dave said, ‘Gary, you can lay on the couch, eat potato chips, drink beer and you’d still be the fittest guy I’ve taken on Everest,’ ” Johnson said. “Whether or not it’s true, I don’t know, but it helped to hear him say that.”

lol never met Dave, but I've met Gary a few times. They must be quite a pair.

TS
Jerez

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
lol never met Dave, but I've met Gary a few times. They must be quite a pair.
For sure. My DH and I were seated next to him at a dinner many years ago when he was in his last term as Gov. My DH is chatty and asked him what he planned to do next. Johnson reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet from which he retrieved a tiny, worn, folded piece of paper and on it he had his list of goals in life. I can't recall when he said he'd written it, but on it were a bunch of things, many of which were crossed out as accomplished, like own a business, make a $X dollars, be Governor.... and not crossed out were summit Everest (he hadn't yet) and run for President. He may be a character, but the man has serious determination!

Sponsor

Staff online