• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dalbello Panterra 130 - cantology?

Will Hansen

Cants Я Me
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
The big brands selling here in NA get it. But Europe doesn’t really value canting and its the bigger market for some brands. Complain to the reps whenever you see them. The shed, I say.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The big brands selling here in NA get it. But Europe doesn’t really value canting and its the bigger market for some brands. Complain to the reps whenever you see them. The shed, I say.
I have been bipassing the reps, this isn't their fault, I will go directly to the product managers. Part of the problem is the consumer being so weight focused. We see it here and in bindings, two areas that a couple of grams, even 100 grams really does not make a difference.

Will Hansen

Cants Я Me
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
We talk to the product managers too. They go where they see the market and their reps are their ears on the street. If they then talk to their rep and don’t sense the urgency, change doesn’t happen. We have buyers large and small telling their reps that they won’t buy a line unless it’s Cantology compatible. Powerful msg to the sales channel. That then gets down to the product guys. We then work out the new sole design with the product guys. So don’t give up on the reps. It’s a channel that’s equally important at the least.

And, IMO, none of the brands are paying enough attention to the thickness of the toe and heel lugs. It’s still a rare boot that can withstand routing for both a cant and a leg length shim. Overly focused on weight, to the detriment of overall performance.

Old school “shoes for skiing” view of ski boots is that they must conform to feet and have flex/stiffness characteristics to facilitate performance. New view is that they must also conform a skiers personal stance to the sport of skiing. Boots are the user interface.

Sorry, got carried away there. I’ve been pushing this string for a long time!
-Will

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January