• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cycling Forum into it's own forum area?

Do we need/want a separate Cycling Forum area

• Yes

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other, read my thoughts in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Part of it being we want to have more cycling discussion but does the community feel we have enough and will have enough to separate Cycling into it's own section. If so, how would you break it out?

Example:
Cycling Discussion
  • Mountain Bike Discussion
  • Road Bike Discussion
  • Reviews
  • Trip Reports

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
As a non-cyclist I voted yes because I'm not interested in reading about cycling. I don't consider it a problem that posts about cycling are in the ski forum but it's clutter to me. Also sounds like a good way to grow your business.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Isn't it already ? What section is this in?

Or do you mean promoting it so it gets a "equal ranking" to Off season activities in general.

I care not one jot really as I view the forum by recent activity not sub forum, but I do observe that in general the more smaller buckets you subdivide things into the more likely that people don't know where to start threads or start them in the "wrong" section - so really depends if you think the growth in the Pugskibike brand is worth the extra corralling mods will end up doing.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As a non-cyclist I voted yes because I'm not interested in reading about cycling. I don't consider it a problem that posts about cycling are in the ski forum but it's clutter to me. Also sounds like a good way to grow your business.

I don't think Phil means a separate forum but just a separate section. In other words, instead of it being under the Off-Season and Other Non-Skiing Activities group in the below pic it would have it's own blue headline and group below. @Philpug correct me if I'm wrong.

upload_2018-6-27_12-19-13.png

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
more subject matter that is easier to access means more traffic and more posts. For instance, tires and wheels are a huge interest to riders (mtn, gravel and road) how about articles/discussions on geeky stuff like geometry, fit, and performance like aerodynamics, roll resistance and product reviews like clothing, tires, other gear. Right nw, you have to go into a giant pool of posts to find most of it.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As we were out on a ride, I thought we surely want to do this and we are at a 70% yes.

Cycling Discussion
  • Mountain Bike Discussion
  • Road Bike Discussion
  • Reviews
  • Trip Reports

How does that look? Keeping in mind that less is more. In the Review section, I can have prefixes like MTB Bike, Road Bike, Accessories.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Honestly I have a 'bike forum' already. So here it is just a casual side interest. After all, it's not PugCycle...

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Same, but this forum is a special place, seemingly 99% populated by reasonable adults willing to engage in civil discussion and debates, so I love it.
If you think tied and soldered spokes are worth it, you're an idiot....

:roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online