• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crested Butte instructor recommendation?

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m thinking of taking a couple of full day lessons at Crested Butte in early March and am looking for a few names of instructors you all would recommend. I’m probably going to take advanced group lessons (private lessons are not an option) and know that instructor requests are not guaranteed in any way. However, it can’t hurt to ask. I’m somewhere between a level 8 and 9 skier depending on the day and take a lesson or two every 2-3 years. I’m mostly looking for fine tuning and a guide to ski some of CB’s famed steep terrain. I know Dusty Dyar is a D-team member but imagine rarely teaches group lessons. I read an article about Rachel Hartman winning a PSIA teaching award but don’t know anything else about her. Any other names of instructors you’d recommend. Would love to ski with a full cert or trainer if possible. Thanks!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ll defer to others for recommendations but if you’re taking a group lesson you won’t have the option of picking an instructor. That said, a lesson in the 8-9 level would likely be led by a level 3 instructor imo.

Sponsor