• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Contest: Worst value in a used ski.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The "Best Value in a used ski" gave me the idea. Looking around Craigslist you see some really optimistic sellers out there thinking what they have is either gold or that skis do not depreciate. Here is an example...

Dynastar Competition Omega skis with Tyrolia 380RD bindings - $200
Dynastar Omeglass.jpg

Dynastar Competition Omega skis with Tyrolia 380RD bindings. Length 190's. Bases are in good shape. Depending on your ski boot size, bindings may need to be adjusted. Cash and local pickup.

This ski is from 81, so it is about 35 years old. When new it was maybe $250-300 and the 380RD's were maybe $125 at full retail. Notice the AFDs are missing and this binding has not been indemnified for longer than some of our youngest members. Personally I liked the ski, what would I pay for it? Maybe $15-20 if I felt I must have it, I would be more interested in the Pre 1600GSP's in the background.

This is the type of outrageous deal that could win you a prize. Please post yours and lets compare. I will announce the end of the contest at some point so in the meantime post some pics and lets see what you got.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/5369107185.html
2 sets men's Skis , boots for sale - $250
I would like to nominate these simply because he (or she) could not even bother to take the skis out of the bag for photographing. Looks like a pair of Kastles and a pair of Volants, maybe?
00K0K_l0DoMOjRr6Y_600x450.jpg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Are we allowed to peruse the local yard sales, pick up some old POS for "cheap", then relist them on Craigslist for some extravagant sum and then post our own Craigslist ad on here so that we can "win"?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Are we allowed to peruse the local yard sales, pick up some old POS for "cheap", then relist them on Craigslist for some extravagant sum and then post our own Craigslist ad on here so that we can "win"?
If you are willing to do all that for internet glory, then yes. :roflmao:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Um, um, um. So many things wrong here. 120cm skis with 23.5 boots?? And of course, the bargain price. Even if you moved the decimal point, ya no.

Actually, the 120cm skis with 23.5 boots is not a bad thing here. Head (and Atomic and Salomon and Elan) has, for a long time, had a supershort rental-grade fun ski in the lineup. The classic in this category is the Head Big Easy.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually, the 120cm skis with 23.5 boots is not a bad thing here. Head (and Atomic and Salomon and Elan) has, for a long time, had a supershort rental-grade fun ski in the lineup. The classic in this category is the Head Big Easy.

Well, that's an...interesting name. But wow that's still short--my daughter is on 110 skis at 42 lbs. Who knew?!

Sponsor

Staff online