• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Car Transport recs

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Anyone have a positive review or recommendation for auto transport? Looking to move a sedan from Virginia to California. I haven’t shipped a car domestically in years. Car isn’t anything collectible or super special, so don’t need something that high end…just a regular car…Doesnt make sense to drive it coast to coast when factoring personal time and costs I’m my opinion.

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm in the auto industry and our go-to broker is Michelle at Ship Your Car Now.

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think they do consumer shipping. Michelle and her colleague Alexandra are the best in the business.

Ship Your Car Now
Boca Raton, FL
Michelle Hutchinson
586-651-6125
michelleH@shipyourcarnow

Tell her Matt from Automotive Allies sent you.

OnEdge

Putting on skis
Skier
I used Mr. Car Shipper to move a car (daily driver SUV) from the east coast to the northern rockies in the summer of '21. Cost was around $2,250 and while I wasn't overwhelmed to the upside with the experience they did exactly what they said they would and there were no issues.

The shippers will insist on the car being relatively empty so you can't move much by way of personal goods if you ship. The process also took almost a month from drop off at origin to pickup at destination, so if you need a car in the interim you'll need to rent.

Lastly, don't forget to pull your EZ Pass / auto toll beacon out of the car before shipping or you'll get a couple of hundred dollar toll bill as the truck passes through each reader.

I've done the cross country trek 3 times in the last 3 years. I think it comes down to your time and how painful you find long drives, plus whether you need to bring a bunch of stuff with you. Driving does also give you a little flexibility for your departure date/time vs. an airline ticket.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/449488-shipping-car-looking-recommendations.html

Some good recs here. I've used Ply, Intercity Lines and Horseless Carriage in the past with good luck.
Pay attention to the post by 61MGA where he outlines the biggest problem with car shipping: contacting a shipping broker (like Montway for example) and getting inundated by contacts from the actual fly by night shippers the broker tries to contract the job to. So, use a bespoke shipper like the ones I mentioned.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'll throw this here. I see their trucks all the time as they're just up the road from me. Not sure this is what you're looking for or if they'll be able to run your route but they transport nice vehicles.

Sponsor

Staff online